AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index AnimeBlogger.net Forums
Anime/Manga Blogging Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Your latest anime purchases!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 204, 205, 206, 207, 208

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
R8

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: sniffsniff Reply with quote

Zanza wrote:
damn u R8! ^.^

any1 with a Wii has become my foe. it is so sad that i have Zelda, Red Steel and Trauma Center lying on my bed but no console. it is like, walking by a nursery... wait, naw, that analogy is too disturbing

3.5+ hrs in the wind and rain, no Wii for Zanza. so disappointed, i hope we get more later this week. if not, i will cry

oh man, that really sux Zanza. don't know what you did to deserve this, hopefully you didn't offend the nintendo & sony gods of gaming. feel sorry for ya as you had to waste 3.5+ hours waiting in the rain (also heard/saw the horrible weather that was in effect in Vancouver a couple of days ago, hopefully you got clean water in your area). but don't worry, i'm sure you're bound to get one REALLY soon (no later than next week is my guess of their next shipment) as Nintendo is shipping out A LOT.
Zanza
Desperately Seeking Wii!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject: sniffles Reply with quote

heh, thx R8, believe or not, that post actually made me feel better, thx! Very Happy

yeah, walking away without a console after almost 4 hrs, 6am-10am, was brutal. they handed out the reserved tickets, 79 of em. my heart sank when i saw them give out the last one

ah well, a very disappointing week but hopefully Nintendo can get more out by next Sunday. i really want one! enjoy your Wii, plz tell me what games you like/dislike so i can buy only good ones. cheers ^.^
TokenAsian
Most Likely to Spend Too Much

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sold my "fat" PS2 for $110 this week.

Time to start saving up for a PS3, I guess...

Also placed a bunch of preorders from TRSI again. School Rumble and Genshiken manga.
Zanza
Desperately Seeking Wii!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: lol Reply with quote

hahaha, wtf? TA, who bought it? do they kno they can buy a brand new slim cast PS2 for $129.99???

did you add games + extra controller or anything? awesome seller skills man, geez, you rock Cool
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They may have wanted a "fat" PS2 on purpose, you can add an internal hard drive and with software like HDAdvance you can play games from the hard drive. Smile There's also a free utility out there you can use on your PC to "inject" games to the PS2's hard drive so you can get pirated copies onto it with easy. All this takes no modchip so it's appealing to a lot of folks. Anime Big Smile
TokenAsian
Most Likely to Spend Too Much

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some research assistant bought it for his nine year old son.

Gave him a standard controller, a generic controller, and a PS2 mem card...

Oh, and a PS1 mem card along with six OPM demo discs.

But yeah, $110.... Psyduck!
R8

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: sniffles Reply with quote

My-ZHime Butou Shi (aka Mai-Kinoto Hime) LE arrived today along w/ FMA Movie SE and one old anime dvd i decided to get. moy posted pics of the ZHiME PS2 LE already so you can check there. i'll post mine up in a few days as i'm lazy and buswii Wink.

Zanza wrote:
heh, thx R8, believe or not, that post actually made me feel better, thx! Very Happy

yeah, walking away without a console after almost 4 hrs, 6am-10am, was brutal. they handed out the reserved tickets, 79 of em. my heart sank when i saw them give out the last one

ah well, a very disappointing week but hopefully Nintendo can get more out by next Sunday. i really want one! enjoy your Wii, plz tell me what games you like/dislike so i can buy only good ones. cheers ^.^

well, my style of games is different as you know i love fighting games and the only one that was @ launch was DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 2. However, i'd say that game is suited more for the PS2 unless you're a DBZ fan and want to be a Super Saiyan. Since you got the 360, it's hard to recommend some games like Madden (though it's pretty good on the Wii), CoD3 (much superior on 360) and Marvel Ultimate Alliance. Zelda is of course a definite (which i like). Don't know if ya own the DS version but Trauma Center: SO (is another definite IMO as i love it (and Nozomi Wink) and would probably suit ya since you're a med student Razz Very Happy. rayman raving rabbids is another good one as i played it today cuz my buddy got it. I was never a fan of super monkey ball on the PS2 but my friend likes it. the wiimote is sorta fun w/ the game but i'm just not into it. Can't recommend getting Red Steel, Excite Truck or Tony Hawk Downhill. Those games are better or rental. I was gonna get Red Steel but was very skeptical and wanted to wait on the reviews. i'm glad i did as the game is pretty inconsistent and unpolished. It's probably better to wait for a true game that truly utilizes the sword mechanics (like a Star Wars game Shocked, which would be sick). I thought TH and ET would be the SSX (loved this game @ launch) for the Wii launch, however they fail to deliver, especially on ET. ET will probably get boring after an hour. Don't even touch GT Pro series, the company (MTO) did awesome w/ the GBA w/ their GT Advance series (i own the JPN version, Advance GTA) as it was pushing the GBA's capabilities in the graphics department. It also featured a bevy of JPN licensed cars, which is why it's regarded as the Gran Turismo for the GBA. However, this game on the Wii looks like crap. This game looks like they used the GBA's graphics on the Wii (seriously though, it looks like a PSX game). The steering wheel is just a gimmick and you don't even turn 900 degrees (ithere's one steering wheel accessory that does). it's the classic 200 or so degree turn which i'm sorely disappointed. So all in all, launch games i recommend are Zelda, TC and Rayman. Can't comment on super monkey ball since it's not my cup of tea. U got the 360 so some of those other games are better on it. One game u should definitely look for is elebits which comes out mid-dec.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 204, 205, 206, 207, 208
Page 208 of 208

Jump to: