AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index AnimeBlogger.net Forums
Anime/Manga Blogging Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Your latest anime purchases!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 204, 205, 206, 207, 208  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moyism
Graphics Virtuoso & IRC Op Team

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TokenAsian wrote:
moyism wrote:
what the.. TokenAsian, you were in Chinatown in NY today (Wed)? haha, so was I! It'll be real funny if we happen to pass each other without knowing it.

The odds of that are highly likely if you were in any vaguely anime-related store. Oh, and if you were the Asian guy standing in the corner trying to look cool that gave me directions to Anime Cookies... Thanks. Laughing

nah, probably not then. I really only hit Elizabeth center real quick since me and two other friends had other stuff to do. Though if you happen to be there and see like three asian guys, one wearing business wear, another in a greenish t-shirt, one in a yellow-striped shirt, I was the guy in green. heh.
moyism

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DiGiKerot, what's the Mai-HiME book with character designs similar to the game about? I was thinking of picking it up but didn't really know what's in it.
DiGiKerot

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moyism wrote:
DiGiKerot, what's the Mai-HiME book with character designs similar to the game about? I was thinking of picking it up but didn't really know what's in it.

Its just another comics anthology (a bunch of rather silly short stories by a whole bunch of different artists), but from a different publisher to the others currently in print. Some nice artwork, but there are fewer colour pages in the front than in the DNA Media Comics ones.
moyism

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see, thanks. Already have the first DNA one... may eventually get the rest once cash starts to flow in.
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moyism wrote:
I see, thanks. Already have the first DNA one... may eventually get the rest once cash starts to flow in.

That'll be a new experience for your wallet, money coming in instead of out! Wink
moyism

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maestro4k wrote:
moyism wrote:

That'll be a new experience for your wallet, money coming in instead of out! Wink

Unfortunately I probably won't know that feeling until summer's end. Sad
TokenAsian
Most Likely to Spend Too Much

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maestro4k wrote:
What is Pho/what is it made from? I've heard of it before but never had it (that I know of.)

Oh yes, "Hard Wok Buffet"? I hope the person who came up with that name was punished appropriately for it. Laughing

Pho is basically meat, veggies, rice noodles, and broth with herbs. Sort of like ramen, except the rice noodles have a significantly different flavor. More like... vermicelli?

Actually, Hard Wok Buffet served a good chicken skewer. Everything else deserved to be stomped on by an Oobu.

Sorry, moyism, I haven't seen an Asian guy wearing green for quite a long time.
Jehuty

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just spend all my money ($220 [tax included]) on a Mobile Suit Gundam Zeta Limited Edition Boxset. Gonna have to eat cup noodles for another month T_T
Tensai

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jehuty wrote:
I just spend all my money ($220 [tax included]) on a Mobile Suit Gundam Zeta Limited Edition Boxset. Gonna have to eat cup noodles for another month T_T

Sigh... that has tempted me so badly. I'm hoping for some used sets to show up in Amazon marketplace. I'm really a canon-Gundam nut, so anything beyond Char's Counterattack or 0080/0083 really doesn't interest me. Zeta and Char's are my favorite, and my 5th gen copies off beta are so old (of Zeta that is).

I wish they would release a thinpak for a reasonable amount.

-Tensai
Jehuty

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to watch V-Gundam ; ) it's much better than Zeta. It's the last arc of the Universal Century, it certainly won't disappoint you~
TokenAsian
Most Likely to Spend Too Much

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jehuty wrote:
You have to watch V-Gundam ; ) it's much better than Zeta. It's the last arc of the Universal Century, it certainly won't disappoint you~

Bizarrely, my aunt sent me the soundtrack for that series.

Why she did that, I have no clue.
moyism

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so bury in debt, I can see china!

... anyway, I applied to my local library for a summer job. No clue if I'll get it but I'm hoping since it's closed by and whatnot. If this doesn't work out, I'll try out borders. But damn it, I really do need cash by summer's end to pay off anime-related bills.

er... Mai-HiME LE 6 and AIR 4 should ship out on July 6th when Air v4 is released from cdjapan (there's $130). Just ordered from ddd using their 20% off Bakuretsu Tenshi V1 + Box (wanna see what the charm straps are like) for $19, Tsukihime V3 for $17, and Beat Angel Escalayer for $14 (crap, first hentai I've ever bought). So there's another $50 down...

Luckily July won't be bad as I *think* only my figures from HLJ should hopefully ship (crap, that's like $40+$80 there). August.. THAT'S gonna kill me! Honey & Clove V1 for $30, Dokoro-chan V3 $50, Air 5 $50ish, and BOTH version of the Air Movie ($230).

definitely not looking good at all, esp if I have to pre-order some other stuff. Like I mentioned on Matthew's SB, probably get the Futakoi Alternative 1st box and that's $160. I'm still also like 20+ vols behind on various manga (that'll be like another $200+).

Shit... I'm dead if I don't find some source of income soon. Shocked

BTW, I'm selling some old CDs and mangas. I'll have them up on my blog (and craig's list) within the next day or two if anyone is interested. Since the anime CDs are all sonmay, I'll be selling them for like $0.50. Other legal CDs probably like for $5-10. Also be selling some manga for like $4-5. Shipping will be like nothing since I'll USPS, though I might just ask for the cost of the packaging bag thingie. I'll only be accepting paypal as way of paymen though.. so... yea.
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moyism wrote:
I'm so bury in debt, I can see china!

Isn't it more you've spent $10 for every man, woman and child in China bynow? Wink

moyism wrote:
Shit... I'm dead if I don't find some source of income soon. Shocked

That you are, man that's a lot of stuff. This is why I'm glad I don't have a credit card, I only buy what I already have money for. Smile

moyism wrote:
BTW, I'm selling some old CDs and mangas. I'll have them up on my blog (and craig's list) within the next day or two if anyone is interested. Since the anime CDs are all sonmay, I'll be selling them for like $0.50. Other legal CDs probably like for $5-10. Also be selling some manga for like $4-5. Shipping will be like nothing since I'll USPS, though I might just ask for the cost of the packaging bag thingie. I'll only be accepting paypal as way of paymen though.. so... yea.

Ooo, good deal, hope I'm up when you post it. Smile
Ten
IRC Op Team

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moyism wrote:

Count me in, too. I can never resist manga bargains.
moyism

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll let you guys and girls have first look:
http://www.moyism.com/blog/summer-sale/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 204, 205, 206, 207, 208  Next
Page 4 of 208

Jump to: