AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index AnimeBlogger.net Forums
Anime/Manga Blogging Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do you stay sane at work?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Satoshi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maestro4k wrote:

Let me get this straight, a cute girl, reading manga and you were more interested in socks? Shocked

Maestro, you shouldn't be allowed to post stuff like this - if I break out laughing at work again people are gonna think I've gone nuts.
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Satoshi wrote:
Maestro, you shouldn't be allowed to post stuff like this - if I break out laughing at work again people are gonna think I've gone nuts.

Sorry, I don't have that problem, they all already know I went nuts long ago. Wink
TokenAsian
Most Likely to Spend Too Much

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*dies laughing*

Well, I really needed some socks. The ones I had felt dirty since I had just visited Beijing.

Put it this way, there are better girls at this anime store complex... which was my next destination. Too bad I didn't have my credit card with me that time. Kiminozo!
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TokenAsian wrote:
*dies laughing*

Well, I really needed some socks. The ones I had felt dirty since I had just visited Beijing.

I still think "cute girl reading manga" > than "new socks". Razz

You have me curious though, what is about Beijing that makes one's socks feel dirty?

TokenAsian wrote:
Put it this way, there are better girls at this anime store complex... which was my next destination. Too bad I didn't have my credit card with me that time. Kiminozo!

Yeah but this girl was such a manga fan that she was reading it at work in a non-anime store! Talk about your opportunities missed.... Laughing

Granted I have a couple of those in my past but they didn't involve socks and I only missed out cause it didn't hit me what was going on until after the fact. (I'm not good at reading non-verbal cues in real-time.) Sad
Ten
IRC Op Team

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cute girl versus socks? I thought that should be a no-brainer. Wink Then again, you really wouldn't want yucky smelly feet. I guess proper hygiene should win. Very Happy
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ten wrote:
Cute girl versus socks? I thought that should be a no-brainer. Wink Then again, you really wouldn't want yucky smelly feet. I guess proper hygiene should win. Very Happy

Throw away the dirty socks, rinse your feet in the bathroom sink and go back out sockless. Then go find the cute girl reading manga again and both issues are resolved! Very Happy
TokenAsian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, reading a graphic novel isn't that odd in Asia, even among non-anime fan people (although it might not be manga, but some Korean or Chinese copycat). It's sort of the Asian equivalent of a dime store novel. You can like CCS in Taiwan and not be a crazy fan like us. Sort of like Saki in Genshiken. She reads a manga from time to time but she's not an otaku.

Raaaargh, now you made me wish I had said something to her. There was a manga cafe next door! Two mango bubble teas could have made for a good evening. (I recall I went out for taiyaki and had a plastic hand mold done... don't ask) On the other hand, she could have been a crazy Chinese fangirl.

The washing machine water and detergent isn't quite as good. Your clothes just acquire an odd sort of smell after a while. It's not really bad... I suppose I'm just not used to it. And combine people spitting on sidewalks all the time, at least 75% of the population smoking, the smog, lack of disinfectant anywhere, etc... you could probably leave a jar out on the sidewalk and have a pint of something so thick that you could spread on toast by afternoon.

Enjoy the 2008 Olympics. Wink

(that was a long post about Asia... ^^Wink
Ten
IRC Op Team

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*lol* I better mention this to a friend who's planning to go visit Beijing during the Olympics.
TokenAsian

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, I'm sure they'll improve things before then...

Probably.

Chinese people don't like to change things quickly.
Random Otaku

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a security guard at a popular restaurant I get very little time to get bored, but then there are the odd days.
The days when less then a dozen people visit the place in a six hour shift, leaving me almost completely alone (Security guards are looked down upon here, even by waiters for some reason, so restaurant staff leaves me alone).
With my luck i fail to predict those days most of the time. When I do manage to guess, I just bring my laptop to work and spend my time catching up on various school things (Read: Watch stuff). Amusingly enough, the same boss who has problems with staff reading even a newspaper during work has non with me using the laptop.
TokenAsian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is odd... I can't even bring a GBA to work, much less a laptop.

*jealous* Razz
Yogzilla

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How do you stay sane at work?

I don't... Very Happy
Asakomi
Global Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a legal assistant for a very busy lawyer. We do civil litigation (lawsuits), real estate, and debt collection.

In fall-winter-spring I'm usually super busy with civil lit and debt collection stuff. In the summer I'm insanely busy with real estate (everyone buys/sells houses in the summer..) I don't *usually* have a lot of spare time at work, but I make sure to take lots of mental breaks throughout the day otherwise I just get frustrated and don't do as good of a job. I'm always remotely logged into my pc at home so I can put downloads on or check on their status. If I really have nothing to do I'll talk to someone on msn.

I make sure to *always* take my lunch break. I worked straight through lunch for a very long time, and it just made me more worn out. Often that means I have to leave the office itself if I really want an hour undisturbed. I work with one of my good friends, so she and I will often go sit outside to get some sunshine and boy does it ever make a difference to get an hour break from fluorescent lights. (Of course, that doesn't work in the winter, so we just walk around the underground mall to get out of the office)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asakomi wrote:
In fall-winter-spring I'm usually super busy with civil lit and debt collection stuff. In the summer I'm insanely busy with real estate (everyone buys/sells houses in the summer..) I don't *usually* have a lot of spare time at work, but I make sure to take lots of mental breaks throughout the day otherwise I just get frustrated and don't do as good of a job. I'm always remotely logged into my pc at home so I can put downloads on or check on their status. If I really have nothing to do I'll talk to someone on msn.

Since my job is Systems & Network Administration I do get to take mental breaks (read a few comics, check the news, etc.) but since I work all day on the computer it still gets very tiring. Days when I have little to do but test stuff and try to look busy are worse though. Smile Today was a combo day, busy and boring. I had to upgrade two servers at one of our sites and spent the majority of the day browsing the web while I waited for patches to download and install and the upgrade DVD to finish. I started at 9:30am and finished up right at 4pm. I did go and grab lunch but brought it back to eat so I could keep the servers going with the updates. If I hadn't done that it would have been 5pm or later and I really wanted to get out of there as early as possible. Very Happy

Asakomi wrote:
I make sure to *always* take my lunch break. I worked straight through lunch for a very long time, and it just made me more worn out. Often that means I have to leave the office itself if I really want an hour undisturbed. I work with one of my good friends, so she and I will often go sit outside to get some sunshine and boy does it ever make a difference to get an hour break from fluorescent lights. (Of course, that doesn't work in the winter, so we just walk around the underground mall to get out of the office)

Having someone to go with helps I'm sure, I don't really care for sitting and eating alone at a resteraunt so I generally bring it back to work and read the majority of the webcomics I follow during my lunch hour. I do try to not work during that hour and just do fun things but like today I don't mind prompting an install along since that just takes a couple of minutes here and there and keeps me from having to work over to finish up. Smile (And yes, 4pm is when I get off work.)
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:13 pm    Post subject: Sanity, what sanity? Reply with quote

To all those wondering why I've been so quiet this week it's because of work. Tons of last minute things being thrown at me (why they don't tell me about some of this stuff, like new software to be installed, before it's actually needed it beyond me) and way too much to do. Next week will be more of the same as I have a deadline to complete stuff in one lab by next Friday and still have another lab that needs more software added (plus user accounts (re)created. I had to do a clean install on the servers at that site unfortunately, wasn't able to migrate the old user database.) Having complicated software installs that come with directions that aren't correct has certainly not done anything for my general sanity levels. Evil or Very Mad

I'm definitely not bored at work right now though!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 3 of 15

Jump to: