AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index AnimeBlogger.net Forums
Anime/Manga Blogging Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do you stay sane at work?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TokenAsian
Most Likely to Spend Too Much

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I'll remember to wear my flak jacket and Fritz helmet next time.
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TokenAsian wrote:
Thanks, I'll remember to wear my flak jacket and Fritz helmet next time.

Just think, with only a bit more armor you'll be prepared to bathe a cat. Smile (Yes that was totally random.)
TokenAsian

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you a cat person?

(as in a cat owner, not a neko-thingie)
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TokenAsian wrote:
Are you a cat person?

(as in a cat owner, not a neko-thingie)

No, but I always wanted one. Allergies prevent that from ever happening however. (I'm also allergic to dogs but cats provoke a stronger allergic response. Living with a cat would most like kill me. Sad Not that I have a dog either.)

I do enjoy the cat bathing thing though, and I hear it's not too untrue, depending on the cat of course. (I've heard of some cats that like taking baths too to be fair. Very Happy )
TokenAsian

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mom had quite a few cats. She was always of the opinion that cats were perfectly capable of keeping themselves clean except in the most extreme cases.
Random Otaku

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bath my cat once a year. It's like a birthday thing for him, Getting all clean, rid of a layer of dead hair (better then him gettting rid of it all over the house) and his mouth taken care of.
Then again I'm on the extreme side of cat ownning. o_o
You

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not much of a cat person but it wasn't always like that. When I was little there was this cat around my building and one day he came and purr'ed on my leg, suddenly he scratched my entire leg for no reason at all ! But this is not the end of it. I had a dog and as I was walking with him around my building, this cat jumped from the bushes and took my dog's eye out in front of me and all my dog did before was growl at the stupid cat. Anyway, I'm not much of a cat lover, although I do like my friend's cat, she's so stupid and silly...You can't not love her.

I do love dogs though ! I have a Golden Retriever ( hope I got it right ) named Max. He's very intelligent, yet somewhat stupid ^^

I guess I got a little bit off subject though, so I please don't mind me ^^
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TokenAsian wrote:
Mom had quite a few cats. She was always of the opinion that cats were perfectly capable of keeping themselves clean except in the most extreme cases.

Most of the time they are but sometimes they get stinky. I think it depends on the cat too, some are probably more likely to get into stuff that they can't just lick off. Smile

Most do seem to despise baths though, thus the article. Laughing

Random Otaku wrote:
I bath my cat once a year. It's like a birthday thing for him, Getting all clean, rid of a layer of dead hair (better then him gettting rid of it all over the house) and his mouth taken care of.
Then again I'm on the extreme side of cat ownning. o_o

It's probably healthier for him to get the dead hair off that way too. Smile So how does he take to his baths? He fight you or give in?

You wrote:
I'm not much of a cat person but it wasn't always like that. When I was little there was this cat around my building and one day he came and purr'ed on my leg, suddenly he scratched my entire leg for no reason at all ! But this is not the end of it. I had a dog and as I was walking with him around my building, this cat jumped from the bushes and took my dog's eye out in front of me and all my dog did before was

Sounds like one seriously psychotic cat, I think it went on to star in Azumanga Daioh. Wink

I had a friend who's Mom's cat would do the clawing thing, not quite as badly though. The cat would like to just dig his claws in after you petted him for a while, apparently he thought it was fun.

This was the same cat that was scared of its own shadow (literally). I remember going over to study German at his place and the cat decided it was hungry enough to risk going for its food. On the other side of the room, on the other side of the table, a good 10 feet away from me. He kept one eye on me while he ate, I moved my chair (not on purpose and only about an inch) and the cat bolted out of the room like I'd come after it with a chainsaw. Trippy cat. Very Happy

You wrote:
growl at the stupid cat. Anyway, I'm not much of a cat lover, although I do like my friend's cat, she's so stupid and silly...You can't not love her.

I'm amazed the dog didn't fight back!

Cats that have personalities like that are really fun. There are a lot of boring ones though and they're not so much fun. Smile

You wrote:
I do love dogs though ! I have a Golden Retriever ( hope I got it right ) named Max. He's very intelligent, yet somewhat stupid ^^

Sounds right, that's a breed of dog at least. And the description fits, is he a bit clingy too? By that I mean he just has to be around when people are there. Labrador Retreivers are the worst about that I think, they're incredibly high maintenance. I've seen a grown (not a puppy) labrador cry because he wasn't allowed in the living room when there was company over. He was upset because he just wanted to be around all those people!!!! Labs are a bit too trusting though, you have to watch them especially when they're young, they'll happily wander off with any human who comes along. Shocked

You wrote:
I guess I got a little bit off subject though, so I please don't mind me ^^

I'm the master at wandering off topic so don't worry about it. In fact I think I led us down this path. Wink
Random Otaku

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He gives in, but he demands double food rations for that. XD
Seriously. after we bath him and he keeps still he goes around the house meow'ing at full volume till someone gives him a double portion of cat food.

And how him just letting dead hair drop all around the house be more healthy? Oo
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Random Otaku wrote:
He gives in, but he demands double food rations for that. XD
Seriously. after we bath him and he keeps still he goes around the house meow'ing at full volume till someone gives him a double portion of cat food.

Well that's not too much to ask for him not trying to claw your eyes out when you bathe him now is it? Wink

Random Otaku wrote:
And how him just letting dead hair drop all around the house be more healthy? Oo

I meant it's healthier for him for you to get it off by washing him. I don't think hairballs are very healthy for cats.
TokenAsian

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you were captured by the enemy, tortured, and made it back to base safely, you'd be craving munchies!

Speaking of which, the American MRE contains a really good rice pilaf, better than any commercial brand that I've eaten.

*possibly the only civilian alive that prefers MRE rice to American store-bought*
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TokenAsian wrote:
If you were captured by the enemy, tortured, and made it back to base safely, you'd be craving munchies!

I don't think that quite compares to bathing a cat, even for the cat. Razz

TokenAsian wrote:
Speaking of which, the American MRE contains a really good rice pilaf, better than any commercial brand that I've eaten.

*possibly the only civilian alive that prefers MRE rice to American store-bought*

I wouldn't know, I've never had a MRE, and from what I've heard I'm not in any hurry to go try one. Smile
love a riddle

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I work the night audit twice a week at a hotel. That's basically a shift that's from 11 at night to 7 in the morning, and I get a lot of downtime trying to stay awake after I finish all of the reports.

'Swhy I bring my GBA and art supplies. One day I intend to actually progress my novel as well.

But I drink a ton of soda in order to stay awake.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ciounoi
Jealous of Belldandy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... do you do night work during the school year as well?
love a riddle

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yah. This semester I'm working Thursday and Friday nights, which work for me since I don't have class on Friday and I like sleeping on Saturday night because my Sundays are all-day adventures.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 14 of 15

Jump to: