AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index AnimeBlogger.net Forums
Anime/Manga Blogging Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What kind of food do you eat..
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jehuty

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:23 pm    Post subject: What kind of food do you eat.. Reply with quote

I eat cup noodles all day all night, boil some hot water, or put it in the microwave for 3 minutes and its done. I don't think you can get enough nutrients though.
moyism
Graphics Virtuoso & IRC Op Team

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

most of the time I can't really eat and watch anime well enough. Usually I am drinking something, odds are either Mountain Dew or water.

... I guess if I was really snacking while watching, probably whatever junk food is around the house. Could vary from cookies to cakes to who-knows-what.
strawberry brite

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehehe well this is an interesting topic....

Since I mostly watch anime in the morning I usually eat breakfast while watching it. So normally it's toast with peanut butter and chocolate milk. Well, at least that's what it's been lately... come to think of it though, I'd say that 90% of the time I'm eating some kind of toast while watching anime... strange...
moyism

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you need to expand your bread-age to some Yakitate Japan style breads Wink
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

strawberry brite wrote:
Since I mostly watch anime in the morning I usually eat breakfast while watching it. So normally it's toast with peanut butter and chocolate milk. Well, at least that's what it's been lately... come to think of it though, I'd say that 90% of the time I'm eating some kind of toast while watching anime... strange...

That's an unusual breakfast. Smile Not that I can say much, mine was a can of Pringles today. Shocked

What I eat varies, I normally watch on my computer anymore and I'll eat dinner, snacks whatever. Smile
Jehuty

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

strawberry brite do u watch animes on your computer? When I do that I usually get bread crumbs in my keyboard(also applies to Oreo cookies which strangely enough I always have it stocked next to my feet) Confused
topleka

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, I don't know if I could live on only cup noodles. I'm rather picky when it comes to Japanese food. For me breakfast is usually leftovers. Lunch is something simple like soup or a sandwich. And dinner is more often than not homemade Chinese food (being that I'm Chinese, so that's what I learned to cook). I like almost all forms of Asian food though, includig Vietnamese (mm...pho), Japanese (mm...ramen...okay, that's Chinese...erm...udon!), Thai (pad thai = good), and Indian (mm...everything...).

I usually drink juice because juice is good. I have Ramune once in awhile, though.
Kabitzin
Global Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This _is_ a strange topic! I usually drink apple juice while watching anime, cause eating is too hard and messy (keyboard) while reading subtitles Sad .

OMG, I sound like a toddler... someone pass me my weighted sippy cup T__T.
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

topleka wrote:
And dinner is more often than not homemade Chinese food (being that I'm Chinese, so that's what I learned to cook).

And for most of the Americans here, what you get in most Chinese resteraunts isn't real Chinese food. Smile I'm not Chinese but I had the good fortune of staying with a Chinese friend for a while and getting to sample some real Chinese food. Much better than the buffet stuff we normally get! Smile

topleka wrote:
I like almost all forms of Asian food though, includig Vietnamese (mm...pho)

Vietanmese is good, there's actually a small Vietnamese resteraunt in a town near me that serves the real thing. Great food, too bad I can't get there more often. Sad

topleka wrote:
Japanese (mm...ramen...okay, that's Chinese...erm...udon!), Thai (pad thai = good), and Indian (mm...everything...).

I don't think I've had real Thai yet, but I did like pretty much everything I ate in Japan. Smile Indian I don't care for, at least most of what I've tried. There seems to be one spice that's used that tastes really bad to me, as the taste's similar to me in all the dishes I disliked. Sad
strawberry brite

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maestro4k wrote:

That's an unusual breakfast. Smile Not that I can say much, mine was a can of Pringles today. Shocked

Really? Unusual? Lol I never really thought is was a unusual sort of breakfast. Kinda got me curious as to what people normally eat for breakfast.

Jehuty wrote:
strawberry brite do u watch animes on your computer? When I do that I usually get bread crumbs in my keyboard(also applies to Oreo cookies which strangely enough I always have it stocked next to my feet) Confused

Yup I watch them at my computer but I never get crumbs on the keyboard. I have a big comfy chair set up in front of my computer so when I watch anime I just make it full screen and sit back in my chair. Food never gets near my keyboard... I usually get crumbs all over me though lol
Shirou

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... Interesting. I can't really think of something I eat a lot of and quite regularly, but I drink a lot of tea and green tea. In fact, it's pretty much what I drink exclusively, and the occasional glass of milk. Also coffee on some occasions. Interestingly enough, I've managed to give up soda.

Oh, Vitaminwater is good too.

I pretty much eat whatever's available, and usually at my PC. You can tell by looking at my keyboard. Wink Yeah yeah, it's kind of gross actually, but I might be getting a new keyboard soon anyway.
Matthew
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've usually got a can/glass/bottle of some carbonated beverage (good ol' Coke, or perhaps Dr. Pepper) and assorted snacks from my stash of junk food (Pringles, Mike n' Ikes, Little Debbie Swiss Rolls, etc.) I usually keep in here. But if I'm watching something I'm going to blog I always have to keep a finger on the "p" key to do screencaps (and if I miss something I have to rewind and do it again) so it can be somewhat difficult to eat, watch, and screencap at the same time Wink

During school, I frequent the Thai, Chinese, and Japanese places in downtown Athens quite a bit, along with eating at the Chick-fil-a in the student center pretty often.

At home (still with the parents. Don't really have a choice for now), if I don't buy my own food there's usually not that much to be found to eat that I like around here, and since we lack cars I can't just go out and get stuff. You can ask Maestro about me complaning about there being nothing to eat Wink

Last edited by Matthew on Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shirou wrote:
I pretty much eat whatever's available, and usually at my PC. You can tell by looking at my keyboard. Wink Yeah yeah, it's kind of gross actually, but I might be getting a new keyboard soon anyway.

Just don't mistake the keyboard for food. Wink
moyism

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

never eat any type of pasta with sauces near an computer and esp laptop. Such a pain when you get sauce on the keyboard/monitor Sad
Satoshi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm blogging a show I can't really eat anything while watching it, since I'm constantly pausing it to write my 'play-by-play' notes.

I do make an exception for Mahoraba - ever since Ryuushi got nashi from his parents in one of the later episodes, I've made it a habit to snack on one while watching the show. :p And yes, I slice it up just like they do in the show. Yes, I'm very gullible this way. Thank goodness I don't watch N.A. TV any more or who knows what I'd be indoctrinated with.

Otherwise I'm generally eating something or other (time stacking!) but it's more often whatever I'm cooking that night (or morning) than anything in particular. Though there are a few dishes (crab?) that I can't watch anime with simultaneously at all. (too much effort :p)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 1 of 14

Jump to: