AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index AnimeBlogger.net Forums
Anime/Manga Blogging Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What kind of food do you eat..
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moyism
Graphics Virtuoso & IRC Op Team

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea, that's it! I think the only reason I got addicted to them was cause my grandparents came giving them to my family a few years back. Only recently have I found out they're pricy snacks compared to other stuff.
Ten
IRC Op Team

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This talk about chocolate reminds me of toblerone. I love their dark chocolate. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find them in any groceries nearby.
TokenAsian
Most Likely to Spend Too Much

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kabitzin wrote:
Kettle corn is good, although the risk of getting it in between keyboard keys is high. I've never heard of sucking on dried orange peels before, but it probably smells nice, kind of how lemon peels are really nice in things.

It's actually a traditional preventive medicine for sore throats. Think of it as a cough drop that you take before you start coughing. Those orange peel cubes are EXPENSIVE!

What's with Asians and Ferrero Rocher? Razz *munches on one*
animeronin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I eat potato chips while watching anime. It doesn't have to be the non-spicy type..

Yeah, picture every couch potato you can think of right there.. Razz
Vinn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beerman wrote:
moyism wrote:
Anyway, another great snack though expensive are these chocolate nut ball thingies that start with an R. It's like a nut in the center, surrounded by crunch and fudge which is surrounded by chocolate and nuts. Awesome snack that always disappears within the day if anyone actually buys it in my house.

It sounds like you're referring to the Ferrero Rocher chocolates. Those are irresistibly good and are a great complement to my afternoon tea. Normally, yes, they are expensive. Fortunately though, the local chinese markets/mini marts will hook 'em up at nearly a fraction of the price. And I think Costco sells them at a fair price as well.

Problem is there is a ton of Bootleg Ferrero Rocher in Chinatown. My Mom has gotten 5 boxes of Rocher from clients as gifts last month and all of them was the fake stuff. They taste quite bad imo and they cost about the same too......so evil Evil or Very Mad
Ten
IRC Op Team

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vinn wrote:
Problem is there is a ton of Bootleg Ferrero Rocher in Chinatown. My Mom has gotten 5 boxes of Rocher from clients as gifts last month and all of them was the fake stuff. They taste quite bad imo and they cost about the same too......so evil Evil or Very Mad

Shocked There are fake Ferrero Rocher? I'm at awe.
TokenAsian

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you bootleg a chocolate?

*holds Hershey bar in hand and looks at his CD burner*

*goes onto mIRC and does a @find for Snickers*
Vinn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TokenAsian wrote:
How do you bootleg a chocolate?

*holds Hershey bar in hand and looks at his CD burner*

*goes onto mIRC and does a @find for Snickers*

Well you won't really notice it's a fake from the packaging unless you inspect it closely. Like to see if the tape around the box is the printed stuff or not. The real obvious thing comes when you open the box and you find the chocolate wrapper on the bottom is glue to the gold plate thingy.....

Then you know for sure you got a bootleg Razz

Last edited by Vinn on Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
TokenAsian

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there anything the Chinese won't bootleg? Shocked

Still, I bet someone likes it or they wouldn't sell them.
animeronin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TokenAsian wrote:
Is there anything the Chinese won't bootleg? Shocked

Still, I bet someone likes it or they wouldn't sell them.
Yeah. Either the brand name, its familiarity with the public, or its wrapping would sucker any stupid guy into buying. Confused
TokenAsian

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because it's shiny and fun to play with? Kids love those wrappers...
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vinn wrote:
Well you won't really notice it's a fake from the packaging unless you inspect it closely. Like to see if the tape around the box is the printed stuff or not. The real obvious thing comes when you open the box and you find the chocolate wrapper on the bottom is glue to the gold plate thingy.....

Then you know for sure you got a bootleg Razz

I'm not sure the glue part can help tell as I've gotten Ferrero Rocher from places like Wal-mart and they always are stuck like that. Unless Wal-mart's buying fakes that is. Smile
TokenAsian

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Wal-Mart, you never know.

Their anime selection is pathetic. Not that I would even consider them as a good store.
Ten
IRC Op Team

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TokenAsian wrote:

Their anime selection is pathetic. Not that I would even consider them as a good store.

They have an anime section? Hmmm. I don't like grocery shopping there. I think it's the bright lights. Then again, I just don't like grocery shopping at all. ^^;;

Anyhow, I'm currently obsessing with this jasminse green tea with tapioca. I would even buy a couple of cups and store in the fridge so that I can have some during anime watching.
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TokenAsian wrote:

True to an extent, although I doubt they'd knowingly sell bootlegs of something. They have enough clout in the retail market to just force the real supplier to provide their product at the same prices as the bootlegs. (Scary but quite true.)

TokenAsian wrote:

They tend to only sell anime that runs on TV targeted at kids (none of the Adult Swim stuff!) so of course it sucks. I did get a couple of volumes of Sailor Moon on DVD for under $10 from them (they seemed to have just randomly picked a volume here and there) which was a good deal since it's the uncut version with Japanese audio and subs as well as the dub. Smile I also picked up Grave of the Fireflies there along with Kiki's Delivery Service, Laputa and Spirited Away, all really good deals. (Especially since I took advantage of the coupon that Disney stuck in with those last three that you could use towards buying the other ones. Very Happy)

Oh, and I actually found one volume of CCS manga at Wal-mart once, the unflipped version at that! It was around $7, I wish they'd sell more of them, especially at that price! Smile

Ten wrote:
They have an anime section? Hmmm. I don't like grocery shopping there. I think it's the bright lights. Then again, I just don't like grocery shopping at all. ^^;;

They sort of have one, it's mostly Yu-Gi-Oh and Dragon Ball/Z/GT/Movies though. I don't mind grocery shopping there since the only real competition around here is a Kroger's grocery store and they charge way too much for stuff. Just one example is Powerade which I drink. A 32oz bottle costs $0.98 at Wal-mart. At Krogers it's priced $1.69 although if you use their frequent buyer card you can save thirty cents and get it for "only" $1.39. To make that even worse a local convenience store chain here has Powerade 32oz bottles on sale for buy one get one free and they only charge $1.49 a bottle anyway. (Lower that Krogers normal price.) It's not every day you can buy a beverage cheaper at a convenience store than a grocery store! Shocked Pretty much everything else in the store is the same way so I shop at Wal-mart generally, I can't afford those kind of premium markups. Sad

Ten wrote:
Anyhow, I'm currently obsessing with this jasminse green tea with tapioca. I would even buy a couple of cups and store in the fridge so that I can have some during anime watching.

That is obsessive. ^_^;;;

Lately I've been eating random stuff while watching anime, just depends on what I had around. I got some sushi to go last Friday though and watched some anime while wating it. That was kind of neat, I've never done that before. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 5 of 14

Jump to: