AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index AnimeBlogger.net Forums
Anime/Manga Blogging Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What kind of food do you eat..
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jehuty

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha, there are other great thai food other than pad thai you know, btw Im Thai and i eat those food almost everyday~
TokenAsian
Most Likely to Spend Too Much

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kabitzin wrote:
(Sweetened) soy milk is awesome! At least the genuine stuff you can get at Asian market places is.

Despite being Asian, I never acquired a taste for most brands of soy milk. I found the fresh stuff in Beijing (took a vacation there once) to be especially nasty.

On the topic of drinks, anyone ever had the jello drink with the Heero (Gundam W) clone on the package?
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TokenAsian wrote:
Despite being Asian, I never acquired a taste for most brands of soy milk. I found the fresh stuff in Beijing (took a vacation there once) to be especially nasty.

I think it's genetic actually, I found out in college Biology lab that I'm one of the roughly 2% of the population who can taste one particularly bitter and nasty amino acid. A lot of things that I find so horrible bitter I gag on, others claim aren't bitter at all. Soy Milk was really bitter to me, so it may be that amino acid in it, and you can taste it too. Smile
beerman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I happen to fancy the soy milk, but preferably sweetened, of course. Drinking that stuff raw is like kissing your grandmother after eating tofu.

I buy me a bottle or two a week from the local chinese markets. NEVER buy them from the 'caucasian' markets because it ain't the real deal, son. Cool
Kawaii

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maestro4k wrote:
I'm guessing Soy Milk is an acquired taste (or in your case you get used to it no matter what). I had someone give me some coffee once with it in it and found the taste horrid from the first sip. They hadn't told me ahead of time, they got a good laugh out of my reaction. Embarassed

I guess I'm used to drinking soy milk since I grew up with it (my mom used to buy it for me as a kid), and it's replaced cow's milk altogether in my household. Smile
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawaii wrote:
I guess I'm used to drinking soy milk since I grew up with it (my mom used to buy it for me as a kid), and it's replaced cow's milk altogether in my household. Smile

It's probably healthier too. Smile I don't really drink regular milk either, tend to use a bit of cream when I do have coffee but otherwise no dairy products (I really don't need extra calcium, I produce too many kidney stones as it is..)
TokenAsian

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, but I find normal cow's milk to be okay. And I can drink certain brands of soy milk (like Silk and that one Japanese kind with the pink box). So I'm not entirely sure that it's genetic.
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TokenAsian wrote:
Hmmm, but I find normal cow's milk to be okay. And I can drink certain brands of soy milk (like Silk and that one Japanese kind with the pink box). So I'm not entirely sure that it's genetic.

Maybe not, but it was so horrid I'm not trying it again. This wasn't cheap stuff either sadly so I'm scared to think what the cheap stuff would taste like....

And in the vein of the topic, I bought a whole German Chocolate cake from a local place while ago. Baked fresh this morning, triple layer and freaking huge. Smile That should provide snacking matierial for several days. Very Happy
Kawaii

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maestro4k wrote:
It's probably healthier too. Smile I don't really drink regular milk either, tend to use a bit of cream when I do have coffee but otherwise no dairy products (I really don't need extra calcium, I produce too many kidney stones as it is..)

Yeah, when soy milk isn't available I'll use half and half, since I can't drink straight black coffee since it's waaay too bitter. Ouch, kidney stones are really painful. I had it two years ago, and it took a while for it to pass...

Maestro4k wrote:
And in the vein of the topic, I bought a whole German Chocolate cake from a local place while ago. Baked fresh this morning, triple layer and freaking huge.

Ooh, sounds delicious! That's a great snack to have in the afternoon and as a desert after dinner. Smile Yum.
moyism
Graphics Virtuoso & IRC Op Team

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

recently been snackin on these scooby-doo baked graham crackers sticks (honey). I dunno if it's cause I have had graham crackers in years or it's just the snack itself, but man... addicting to eat!
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

moyism wrote:
recently been snackin on these scooby-doo baked graham crackers sticks (honey). I dunno if it's cause I have had graham crackers in years or it's just the snack itself, but man... addicting to eat!

Probably not as addicting as those "Scooby Snacks" on the show were. Wink
TokenAsian

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always wondered... what's the big deal with American anime fans and Pocky? It's not THAT good. Not to mention they're willing to pay up to $3 for a pack...

I think I'll put myself on a diet. I gained a few pounds at the end of the semester. With the high rate of diabetes among Asians... you never know.
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TokenAsian wrote:
I've always wondered... what's the big deal with American anime fans and Pocky? It's not THAT good. Not to mention they're willing to pay up to $3 for a pack...

The original Pocky uses dark chocolate and I think most people are used to milk chocolate. I'll admit I haven't cared for that flavor much.

But rabid US pocky fans rejoice!!! You can buy it at Wal-mart now. No, I'm not making this up. Found it completely by accident at mine, it's with the asian foods section and was on the top shelf. The small packages of the short stick pocky in original and strawberry, a whopping 75 cents a pack. For that price I'll get some more strawberry. Smile Besides my Mom liked it and ate the whole box before I got to have another stick.... Shocked
bluemist

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like Pocky and all its variants...

For me, Yan Yan!

picture
picture

The best chocolate I've ever tasted is in a dip! Delicious...
beerman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, yes...Yan Yan - the 'chinese Pocky.' I grew up on that stuff, and it's what led me to love pretzel sticks.

I love Pocky, but I'm not piss crazy for it. I'm also very selective. There's a lot of them that doesn't justify the $2-$3 pricetag, but there are a few really good variants out there - like almond crush and anything strawberry.

Lately though it's been all about the Fran, just because it's better than Pocky in its unique flavors and a lot cheaper. I wonder if anyone hear has tried it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 3 of 14

Jump to: