AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index AnimeBlogger.net Forums
Anime/Manga Blogging Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What kind of food do you eat..
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
topleka

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maestro4k wrote:
topleka wrote:
Japanese (mm...ramen...okay, that's Chinese...erm...udon!), Thai (pad thai = good), and Indian (mm...everything...).

I don't think I've had real Thai yet, but I did like pretty much everything I ate in Japan. Smile Indian I don't care for, at least most of what I've tried. There seems to be one spice that's used that tastes really bad to me, as the taste's similar to me in all the dishes I disliked. Sad

True. Indian food does have that bad habit of it all tasting similar, mainly because I think the general idea behind cooking Indian food is to throw in every spice you can find until you can't tell what the initial vegetable was. You either like it or you don't, but I don't think I've met anyone who doesn't like naan (the bread).
Ten
IRC Op Team

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My current fave is the beef bowl and the unagi from this little Japanese cafe called Azumi near my work place. I usually just eat anything as long as it comes with rice, from fish to pork. Anyhow, my friends and I tend to frequent Vietnamese and Chinese restaurant especially dim sum whenever we go eat out, though.

I really don't like eating when watching anime since my PC is in my room but I do drink a lot of jasmine tea while I'm by my computer. So there's a permanent coaster on my study table. ^^
KT Kore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really eat anything. Too much looking down and/or crunching sounds. @_@ I usually sit back and relax with a nice soft drink or something.
beerman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For snacks it's Pocky/Fran since consuming it doesn't require me to take my eyes off the screen.

But most of the time (like KT Kore) it's just sipping a nice fizzy drink or a hot cup of tea.
Kawaii

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm either watching anime early in the morning or late at night when everyone else is asleep since it's the only time I usually have to myself, so I'm not usually eating anything during that time. I am always drinking my coffee with splenda and soymilk in the morning, though. Smile
beerman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawaii wrote:
I am always drinking my coffee with splenda and soymilk in the morning, though. Smile

Ahh, way to go. Coffee is the drink of the gods - both splenda sugar and soymilk are great complements.
Ender

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, don't get me started on pasta sauce splatters on the keyboard. I stopped eating while watching anime once i realized how much of a pain it was to clean out those crevices!

On a related note, be careful when cleaning out your keyboard with one of those compressed air cans (the ones that get really cold). Mine started fritzing after I attempted to clean it that way Crying or Very sad
Ten
IRC Op Team

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ender wrote:
Oh man, don't get me started on pasta sauce splatters on the keyboard. I stopped eating while watching anime once i realized how much of a pain it was to clean out those crevices!

I feel your pain. About a year ago, I had the misfortune of eating some porridge while working on my laptop. Of course, my klutzy self accidentally poured it all over the keyboard. And it was never the same. T___T
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

topleka wrote:
but I don't think I've met anyone who doesn't like naan (the bread).

Naan was OK, but not something I'd go out of my way for. At least it didn't taste horrible to me. Smile
Shirou

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Splenda (aka sucralose) consumers should read here:

http://www.holisticmed.com/splenda/

Same pretty much goes for aspartame (which is what's used in that Coca-Cola "C2" beverage. Diet sodas are bad for your health. Oh the irony.)

Quote:
A federal court in Los Angeles has ruled on April 15 that the makers of the artificial chemical sweetener Splenda will face allegations that their marketing and advertising campaign is both false and misleading.
Kawaii

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beerman wrote:
Ahh, way to go. Coffee is the drink of the gods - both splenda sugar and soymilk are great complements.

I use splenda instead of sugar because I'm afraid of becoming diabetic, and I drink soymilk instead of regular cow's milk because I'm lactose intolerant. Coffee is definitely my drug of choice in the morning. Smile

Shirou wrote:
Splenda (aka sucralose) consumers should read here:

http://www.holisticmed.com/splenda/

Same pretty much goes for aspartame (which is what's used in that Coca-Cola "C2" beverage. Diet sodas are bad for your health. Oh the irony.)

Quote:
A federal court in Los Angeles has ruled on April 15 that the makers of the artificial chemical sweetener Splenda will face allegations that their marketing and advertising campaign is both false and misleading.

I had to write a report about aspartime in college, and I've never touched it again after reading about it. I've also read up on the dangers of splenda, but I know that many of these research findings have been funded by companies who coincidentally produce sugar. I'm not saying that their findings are false, but I'm just skeptical about their scare tactics. In the end, it's all about their corporate wallets. Confused Thanks for the concern, though. I know you're just looking out for our best interests. Smile
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawaii wrote:
I use splenda instead of sugar because I'm afraid of becoming diabetic, and I drink soymilk instead of regular cow's milk because I'm lactose intolerant. Coffee is definitely my drug of choice in the morning. Smile

I'm guessing Soy Milk is an acquired taste (or in your case you get used to it no matter what). I had someone give me some coffee once with it in it and found the taste horrid from the first sip. They hadn't told me ahead of time, they got a good laugh out of my reaction. Embarassed

I don't drink much coffee though, caffienne tears my stomach up and it's too much of a pain to set up my own coffee maker at work (and I'm afraid it'll make me look snobbish, especially since I prefer gourmet stuff). Sad
Shirou

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Who doesn't prefer the gourmet stuff? Folgers isn't coffee, it just pretends to be. Razz
TokenAsian
Most Likely to Spend Too Much

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had some fried daikon cakes the other day. Tasty stuff, but it may be an acquired taste.
Kabitzin
Global Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Sweetened) soy milk is awesome! At least the genuine stuff you can get at Asian market places is.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 2 of 14

Jump to: