AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index AnimeBlogger.net Forums
Anime/Manga Blogging Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What kind of food do you eat..
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Byakko
IRC Op Team

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TokenAsian wrote:
Good sushi can run up to $20 a roll, depending where you get it.

That's why I satisfy my sushi craving with $10-$12 all you can eat sushi buffets.....I'd rather be full than hungry after eating one $20 roll. Razz
Asakomi
Global Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going out for sushi tonight Very Happy .. bye bye money, hello takoyaki and sushi rolls!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Byakko wrote:
TokenAsian wrote:
Good sushi can run up to $20 a roll, depending where you get it.

That's why I satisfy my sushi craving with $10-$12 all you can eat sushi buffets.....I'd rather be full than hungry after eating one $20 roll. Razz

Eep! Shocked I definitely can't afford $20 a roll sushi, I'll stick with what I've got. Very Happy

There is an Asian Bar & Grill (that's the actual resteraunt name, yes it sounds strange) that has sushi as part of the all you can eat buffet but it's really low quality stuff and it all tastes the same so I don't bother. I'd rather pay more and get something decent. Smile
Asakomi
Global Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh, there are three Japanese restaurants within three or four blocks of my house.

Miyabi is literally at the end of my street.

Wasabi is two blocks away.

Meiji is three blocks away.

I am surrounded by Japanese restaurants.. Oh how I love my city.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Wyk72

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange as it sounds, I use to watch anime while having a big (and I mean BIG) cup of decaffeinated coffee. Maybe because I end up watching the RAW I have d/loaded at 2 am ... Shocked
I've found also a very very cheap brand that does not taste like dirt....

P.S.

I butt in this forum for the first time, so ... doozo yoroshiku minasan.
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asakomi wrote:
heh, there are three Japanese restaurants within three or four blocks of my house.

Miyabi is literally at the end of my street.

Wasabi is two blocks away.

Meiji is three blocks away.

I am surrounded by Japanese restaurants.. Oh how I love my city.

That does it, combined with the recent news that Canada's making it easier for IT workers to get citizenship I think I just need to find me a job near you and move. Very Happy
Asakomi
Global Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, alright! Come on down! errr... up?

Winnipeg is where it's at!

Hope you can handle -52F in January and February tho Wink
Byakko
IRC Op Team

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asakomi wrote:

...........I'll be frozen STIFF there. =( I'll take the warm California weather with the masses of asian food here over Canada anyday. ^___^
Wyk72

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a sushi bar not far from where I live (50Km), and I've been there a couple of times.But I'd really like to try other Japanese food. The nearest Jap restaurant is...300Km from here (Rome) Confused and I had no chance until now.

Around here they're all chinese, but low quality.
(and due to the invasion of north-africans people, we have a quite good Kebab...)

My brother has spent a weekend in London and said Wagamama in Streatham Street had excellent noodles....gotta try it out. With these weird flight prices, you may get a cheaper weekend in London than in Rome (!)
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asakomi wrote:

And I'd even have friends in the area already, ok, well at least one friend. Wink

I can probably manage that, I think I've only worn a heavy coat in the winter once each of the last few winters, I generally just wear a light jacket over a short-sleeved shirt. Since the area I work in isn't air-conditioned or heated I've started wearing a long-sleeve shirt over the short-sleeved one to keep my arms warm though. It's also handy to stick my iPod into the front pocket on it. Very Happy

At least it snows occasionally along with the cold there, here we seem to only get really cold rains (the tempature will stay stubbornly just barely high enough to keep it from turning into snow.) I'd really rather deal with snow!
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wyk72 wrote:
(and due to the invasion of north-africans people, we have a quite good Kebab...)

We've got oodles of those types of resteraunts, they're not really serving Chinese food but an Americanized version of it. It's good but not the real thing. Smile

Wyk72 wrote:
My brother has spent a weekend in London and said Wagamama in Streatham Street had excellent noodles....gotta try it out. With these weird flight prices, you may get a cheaper weekend in London than in Rome (!)

That's pretty bizarre! Shocked
TokenAsian
Most Likely to Spend Too Much

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wyk72 wrote:

If my slim knowledge of Japanese is on the ball... "Wagamama?" Laughing
Problematic
Is a girl darn it!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Byakko wrote:
Asakomi wrote:

...........I'll be frozen STIFF there. =( I'll take the warm California weather with the masses of asian food here over Canada anyday. ^___^

LOL yea the rest of Canada is freezing cold. It started snowing yesterday night, but usually( for the past three or four years), it snows during the end of winter or beginning of spring in Victoria. Our weather is messed up, and if I am correct, we are right above Seattle, and Seattle is above Cali right? I wish I lived near the west more because Winnipeg and the eastern part of Canada has major snow storms around xmas and it makes me jealous. Evil or Very Mad LOL
Byakko
IRC Op Team

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problematic wrote:
Byakko wrote:
Asakomi wrote:

LOL yea the rest of Canada is freezing cold. It started snowing yesterday night, but usually( for the past three or four years), it snows during the end of winter or beginning of spring in Victoria. Our weather is messed up, and if I am correct, we are right above Seattle, and Seattle is above Cali right? I wish I lived near the west more because Winnipeg and the eastern part of Canada has major snow storms around xmas and it makes me jealous. Evil or Very Mad LOL

Jealous of snow? I wouldn't be. All that freezing weather would just be horrible. And then you also have to go shovel out your driveway so you can drive to work, the trees being prone to fall on your car due to the heavy load, and your roof collapsing in your house due to the extra snow. >_> LOL jkjk

Well, I know the shoveling out your driveway is a true fact, but the others aren't (I hope).... Wink
Wyk72

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maestro4k wrote:
Wyk72 wrote:

We've got oodles of those types of resteraunts, they're not really serving Chinese food but an Americanized version of it. It's good but not the real thing. Smile

Here they have also a sort of "standard" taste to all. Some soup is decent, though.There's this "metropolitan legend" around here in Italy, that they mince cats (!) to make spring rolls. It's a nasty stupid lie, but somebody actually believes it (!?). Never understimate human stupidity, I guess.

Maestro4k wrote:

Wyk72 wrote:

That's pretty bizarre! Shocked

Really. Those low-cost companies have TAKEN OVER around here. Ryanair gives away a lots of flight almost for free. Some real for free, you just pay the taxes.
Our national company, Alitalia (do you know the pun? Always Late In Takeoffs Always Late In Arrivals ... sigh) has almost gone bankruptcy because of that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 10 of 14

Jump to: