AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index AnimeBlogger.net Forums
Anime/Manga Blogging Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Timeouts with Wordpress hosting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kmarie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: Timeouts with Wordpress hosting Reply with quote

New blogger here Very Happy I've started a blog (which I won't link to yet because it's quite empty at the moment) mostly for anime but also for American television, too. Basically blogging everything I watch.

I have a question for you guys though: I'm on Wordpress, using their free hosting, mostly because I heard good things about Wordpress and bad things about Blogger. Unfortunately I'm plagued by horrendously slow connection speeds. Probably about 10% of the time, when I load part of my Dashboard, the page times out. Even worse, part of the page will time out (it uses frames I guess ...) and I'll have to save and reload the whole thing to keep editing. The connection speed is so slow that I'm considering starting over on Blogger after three days of hard work on reviews and old episode summaries. My actually blog isn't all that slow -- it seems to load fine -- it's really just the editing panel that times out constantly. I'm on a university T3 connection, so I'm sure it's not me ...

Does anyone else have this problem? Or are you all using animeblogger hosting? (I have PMed an admin to beg for hosting space, so maybe with luck I will join you all soon Smile )

more q's:

1) Can I change the date on posts easily? I have lots of old episode summaries, and I would like to be able to post backwards a month or two and label them when they were really written.

2) How do you all capture little screencaps? Just File->Save Image and then resize, or is there an easier way to do it, like a program? (I have IrfanView, but I'm even lazier than that ... )

3) I can have categories within categories, right? Like "House", "Grey's Anatomy", "24" within "American TV" and "Ouran", "Higurashi", "Haruhi" within "Anime" ... I could not figure out a way to do this in the basic free Wordpress editor, but I hope it's possible!

Thanks y'all!
akurashy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For wordpress if yo uare still reading this

first question A:

yes you can, in the free hosting wordpress or here in animeblogger just go to edit your post and go to timestamp remember to check the "edit timestamp"

second question A:
just get a video editor, since i use a video editor called avidemux2(im using the linux one, i don't know how stable is the windows one) i get the screen i want

third question A:

Just go to categories, add category
Category name: Haruhi
Parent: Ouran host club

hope this helped XD for you and other people o.o
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: