AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index AnimeBlogger.net Forums
Anime/Manga Blogging Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Waiting for Anime

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Non-Otaku

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Waiting for Anime Reply with quote

When you buy anime online, do you hate waiting for it to get there to your house? I bought some anime last week, and it's taking forever to get here.

Non-Otaku Anime The anime blog of the Non Otaku.
muhootsaver

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate waiting cuz I know its taking long because its going through customs. Taking long usually means I have to pay tax so I hate waiting(damn those canadian customs!! They ALWAYS charge me, no matter what I do. My friend never gets charged. -_- wtf...). OF course I hate waiting in general... especially if it doesn't come at the usual timeslot.
Zanza
Desperately Seeking Wii!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: yeah Reply with quote

*nods*

living here in Vancouver is great but, kinda sucky when it comes to anime. after yrs of getting slammed by Customs, I've gotten lucky with retailers of late, only paying duty on 1 in every 5 packages. received Naruto SE boxset today, arrived crushed but no customs. sending back for a replacement, hopefully my luck holds out
Varion

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends what it is, if it's an R2 DVD then I'm normally not all that fussed because I've seen it already. R1s I've never seen I get pretty impatient with though.

As for customs, usually no worries providing I go with cheap, slow shipping and it ends with the postman, because even if the parcel has a huge "MUST COLLECT CUSTOMS CHARGE" sticker on he'll just ignore it. EMS/DHL etc obviously won't do that so it ends up being ridiculously overpriced. Never slow though.
muhootsaver

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
only paying duty on 1 in every 5 packages

Evil or Very Mad KWAAAHHHH!!!
For me, its exactly opposite... T__T I am moving soon though, so maybe I'll get lucky next time...
Non-Otaku

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, well it got here yesterday, So I'm fine now, but I'm way to impatient to wait for anime. Hate it.

Non-Otaku Anime The anime blog of the Non Otaku.
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty patient about it, I tend to use SAL shipping when I order stuff to save money too so it helps to be patient. Smile

I get more annoyed waiting for manga though, Right Stuf can be pretty slow when you order during a sale. I ended up having to cancel my order (from back in March/April) for Angelic Layer 1, they never got it in! Pokan I found it used (for $6 damn it, the used bookstore's raised their prices on manga, grr.... Orz) and bought it and had them cancel it since it'd been 5-6 months already. To be fair to them it showed as "waiting on manufacturer" the entire time, but still, that was bad. Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: