AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index AnimeBlogger.net Forums
Anime/Manga Blogging Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can't get mt.cgi to run

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> Movable Type Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whitey

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 12:20 am    Post subject: Can't get mt.cgi to run Reply with quote

Hello everyone

I'm so confused. This is only my second time trying to set up something like this.

I successfully uploaded everything to the server and ran mt-check.cgi without incident and it reported that the server had everything I needed to run Movable Type

So, consulting the user manual at sixapart.com I edited the mt-config.cgi with the pertinent information

But when I try to run mt.cgi I get a an Error 500: Script Execution Error along with the message "Premature end of script headers: mt.cgi | (null)"

I'm trying to set up an anime blog you see :P So... Can anyone help me out? D: I've been at this for two hours and twenty minutes now
Kaspar
Coding Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't get mt.cgi to run Reply with quote

Whitey wrote:
Hello everyone

I'm so confused. This is only my second time trying to set up something like this.

I successfully uploaded everything to the server and ran mt-check.cgi without incident and it reported that the server had everything I needed to run Movable Type

So, consulting the user manual at sixapart.com I edited the mt-config.cgi with the pertinent information

But when I try to run mt.cgi I get a an Error 500: Script Execution Error along with the message "Premature end of script headers: mt.cgi | (null)"

I'm trying to set up an anime blog you see Razz So... Can anyone help me out? D: I've been at this for two hours and twenty minutes now

Did you untar and edit your files directly on the server machine? Could be some character encoding-related bug. Being more specific would help us fix your problem.
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't get mt.cgi to run Reply with quote

Kaspar wrote:
Did you untar and edit your files directly on the server machine? Could be some character encoding-related bug. Being more specific would help us fix your problem.

Most likely he untarred them locally on his PC (which is probably running Windows) then uploaded them by FTP to his server. That's what most instructions tell you to do because the number of people with shell access (and the knowledge to use it) are fairly small compared to the number who want to blog.
kevin

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject: a Reply with quote

do all the .cgi have 755 permissions?

are you sure you specified the correct database and username?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> Movable Type Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: