AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index AnimeBlogger.net Forums
Anime/Manga Blogging Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This guy is really Pissin me off

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kliu

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject: This guy is really Pissin me off Reply with quote

Okay, so here's the problem:
I have some dude from Malaysia that's commenting on my posts everyday with nothing but bad english and a lot of cursing. When I delete it, he posts more the next day. I'm getting sick and tired of this. Maybe it's cause I'm new to blogging that I don't know how to deal with this problem but I dunno what to do. I don't wanna end up deleting these comments everyday and SpamKarma doesn't do jack. Anyone have any reasonable solutions to this? The only thing I have in mind is to block all of Malaysia but I don't wanna do that just to shut up one retard.
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can try turning on the following options in Word Press:
  • Comment author must fill out name and e-mail
  • Comment author must have a previously approved comment
Then his comments will never make it to the page, they'll be held for moderation. (At least until he figures this out and posts a non-rude comment to get a comment approved then abuses that.)

If there's any common phrasing to his posts you can add those to the blocklist or hold for moderation list.

You can also turn on moderation for all comments for a while. It's annoying and makes more work for you but it'll spoil his fun and he may leave to harass someone else instead.

Truthfully these types of people are determined to be jerks and they're willing to work very hard at it. Likely blocking all of Malaysia's IP ranges wouldn't stop him, he'd find a way around it. You can make it difficult for him to continue posting though and hope he moves on to another target, that's about it.
Kliu

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blah...alright, thanks. Smile
Kaspar
Coding Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I would trace his IP and report him to his ISP. Besides, I doubt someone who manually spams an anime blog is very intelligent heh.
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaspar wrote:
Personally I would trace his IP and report him to his ISP. Besides, I doubt someone who manually spams an anime blog is very intelligent heh.

Yeah but I can tell you from experience that most of the ISPs in China/Korea/Malaysia/Thailand/Etc. pretty much ignore spam reports. I don't know if it's a language thing (they don't understand English well enough) or just apathy but it's well known in the IT world.

This is why many places will blackhole the entire Asiatic address space if they don't have any reason for people from that area to be using their site. I know at work we're going to blackhole all that address space in the firewall because we see too many attacks from there and there's absolutely no reason for anyone outside the local area to need access to even our website.

BTW, this isn't meant to be rude to anyone from those countries, it's just what happens. Sad
TL_chan

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm being manually spammed by someone from Canada. Anime Big Smile with Sweatdrop I had to change my settings so that all comments needed approval before being displayed. Now I can at least delete the things this person sends me without them showing up.
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL_chan wrote:
I'm being manually spammed by someone from Canada. Anime Big Smile with Sweatdrop I had to change my settings so that all comments needed approval before being displayed. Now I can at least delete the things this person sends me without them showing up.

You definitely should report them to their ISP. It very well might get them disconnected. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: