AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index AnimeBlogger.net Forums
Anime/Manga Blogging Forums
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Xenosaga Stuff
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> Gaming Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Maestro4k
Site Admin


Joined: 04 Jun 2005
Posts: 1397

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DiGiKerot wrote:
Its one of my favorite game series, right behind Xenosaga (I'd probably place it higher if they did English releases of them).

Woo Hoo! Very Happy Someone else who likes Xenosaga. I hear they are going ahead Episode 3 despite poor sales. I hope it does better, I want to know how the story ends eventually! Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
DiGiKerot



Joined: 15 Jun 2005
Posts: 305

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maestro4k wrote:
Woo Hoo! Very Happy Someone else who likes Xenosaga. I hear they are going ahead Episode 3 despite poor sales. I hope it does better, I want to know how the story ends eventually! Smile


Thats some good news! I do wonder whats going on with the DS game they announced a while back, though.

I love the Xenosaga games. I've even been buying the Japanese releases of the games to play them early. Well, I don't have the Ep 1 Reloaded release (though the movie playback feature was tempting, and the MOMO Kirshwasser costume), but I do have Xenosaga Freaks. From what I could make out of Xenokomi is very funny stuff, particularly the chaos storyline where he essentially goes around in a very knowing fashion saying cyptic things and doing things which convieniently resolves things later. My Japanese sucks way too much to finish Xenopittan though (its a word-based puzzle game. I managed to clear all but three or four stages, but aside from one very puzzly one they all require knowing lots of very long Japanese words...). I was kind of gutted they changed so much of the voice cast for the US version of Episode 2, since I thought Episode 1 had one of the better English dubs in gaming. Bah.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Maestro4k
Site Admin


Joined: 04 Jun 2005
Posts: 1397

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DiGiKerot wrote:
Thats some good news! I do wonder whats going on with the DS game they announced a while back, though.

I love the Xenosaga games. I've even been buying the Japanese releases of the games to play them early. Well, I don't have the Ep 1 Reloaded release (though the movie playback feature was tempting, and the MOMO Kirshwasser costume), but I do have Xenosaga Freaks. From what I could make out of Xenokomi is very funny stuff, particularly the chaos storyline where he essentially goes around in a very knowing fashion saying cyptic things and doing things which convieniently resolves things later. My Japanese sucks way too much to finish Xenopittan though (its a word-based puzzle game. I managed to clear all but three or four stages, but aside from one very puzzly one they all require knowing lots of very long Japanese words...). I was kind of gutted they changed so much of the voice cast for the US version of Episode 2, since I thought Episode 1 had one of the better English dubs in gaming. Bah.

I'm hoping the DS game isn't crucial to the plot as I really don't want to buy a DS just to play it (but I will if I have to). I pretty much have no gaming time when I'm not at home so a portable gaming platform is pointless to me. Hell, the only time I use my iPod is at work. Smile

I preordered Episode 2 so I got the movie disc with it. I can't say that I was impressed, IIRC, they didn't include anything that was an in-engine cutscene and some of those were important. It felt really disjounted, I'd rather play the game over again. (Or just fall back to the versions I downlaoded that some fan(s) ripped and put up for download.)

I still need to play Episode 2. I was about to die wating for it, then somehow once it arrived I lost all interest in playing any games on any platform. I'm really not sure why that is, but hopefully it'll change soon. I just got invited into a beta test and am excited about that. I'll have to play it or pretty much never get a chance to beta test anything else so I'm sure my gaming time will go up. Smile (And yes I know I'm being incredibly vague about the beta testing thing, but I had to sign a NDA so I can't say any more than that for now.)

English Voice Actors/Actresses: I wasn't overly fond of the original ones either so I'm not sure it'll make a big difference. I used to be ticked about Nephilim's voice sounding so much older than her appearance until I heard the Japanese audio and discovered she sounded older in it too. Ahh well. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Omni
Global Moderator


Joined: 07 Jun 2005
Posts: 80
Location: Atlanta, GA

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maestro4k wrote:
I still need to play Episode 2. I was about to die wating for it, then somehow once it arrived I lost all interest in playing any games on any platform.

Wow, I was almost the exact same way. I imported Xenosaga II personally (ie, I flew it across the ocean), but ended up playing all of 20 hours of it before I lost interest. I got interested again when the english version came out, and I've spent some 40+ hours on that, but still haven't finished it.

My purchase this week is comprised of Volumes 1-3 of Ogawa Yayoi's <i>Kimi wa Petto</i>.
_________________
Random Curiousity
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Maestro4k
Site Admin


Joined: 04 Jun 2005
Posts: 1397

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omni wrote:
Maestro4k wrote:
I still need to play Episode 2. I was about to die wating for it, then somehow once it arrived I lost all interest in playing any games on any platform.

Wow, I was almost the exact same way. I imported Xenosaga II personally (ie, I flew it across the ocean), but ended up playing all of 20 hours of it before I lost interest. I got interested again when the english version came out, and I've spent some 40+ hours on that, but still haven't finished it.

My purchase this week is comprised of Volumes 1-3 of Ogawa Yayoi's Kimi wa Petto.

I'm a bit different in that I didn't really play it much at all. I fired it up to see the opening cinematics and played maybe 30 minutes further (I wanted to see the sword duel). I really enjoyed what I did play but after that just haven't wanted to play anything.

About a month after that I got a great deal on Taiko Drum Master (it was $30 including shipping, the controller alone costs more than that!) and played it for maybe an hour. I had a lot of fun, but haven't touched it since.

I think part of it's been my worrying about things at work and also working on the site stuff. (Since I registered the domain not long after I got Xenosaga Ep. 2.) Ahh well. Smile

No purchases for me this week I'm afraid, I'd be pushing it to make it to next payday if I spend anything before then (besides on food). Sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
TokenAsian
Most Likely to Spend Too Much


Joined: 15 Jun 2005
Posts: 1417
Location: Lehigh University

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on disc 2 of Xenosaga II. Not impressed that much so far. Battles are still annoying. Story is iffy thus far. I just want to see how it ends. Maybe they'll end it in three episodes instead of... six?

Found a copy of Happy Lesson #1 in this outlet store. For $3.50, not bad, I guess. It'll keep me occupied.
_________________
Secretary of the Anime Club of Lehigh University (ACLU?)
Please visit my Anime Blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Maestro4k
Site Admin


Joined: 04 Jun 2005
Posts: 1397

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TokenAsian wrote:
I'm on disc 2 of Xenosaga II. Not impressed that much so far. Battles are still annoying. Story is iffy thus far. I just want to see how it ends. Maybe they'll end it in three episodes instead of... six?

Found a copy of Happy Lesson #1 in this outlet store. For $3.50, not bad, I guess. It'll keep me occupied.

Actually, according to what the info they gave about their plans for the series in Xenogears Perfect Works, Ep. 1 & 2 both should have been just Ep. 1. So basicallly they've released only one episode in their grand plan so far (well Xenogears is Episode 7 I think, but I'm hoping they redo it with better graphics and all.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
TokenAsian
Most Likely to Spend Too Much


Joined: 15 Jun 2005
Posts: 1417
Location: Lehigh University

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, all I can say is that the next episode had better be good or I think I might just drop Xenosaga indefinitely.
_________________
Secretary of the Anime Club of Lehigh University (ACLU?)
Please visit my Anime Blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Maestro4k
Site Admin


Joined: 04 Jun 2005
Posts: 1397

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TokenAsian wrote:
Well, all I can say is that the next episode had better be good or I think I might just drop Xenosaga indefinitely.

I'll stick with it to the end, but if it isn't as good I'll be getting it used instead of new. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Aleithilithos



Joined: 14 Jun 2005
Posts: 7
Location: Vancouver, BC

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maestro4k wrote:
English Voice Actors/Actresses: I wasn't overly fond of the original ones either so I'm not sure it'll make a big difference. I used to be ticked about Nephilim's voice sounding so much older than her appearance until I heard the Japanese audio and discovered she sounded older in it too. Ahh well. Smile

I think the main reason Nephilim sounds the way she does is because of Elly later on. So, her voice didn't really sound odd to me.

Maestro4k wrote:
Actually, according to what the info they gave about their plans for the series in Xenogears Perfect Works, Ep. 1 & 2 both should have been just Ep. 1. So basicallly they've released only one episode in their grand plan so far (well Xenogears is Episode 7 I think, but I'm hoping they redo it with better graphics and all.)

At this rate, I think Xenosaga will basically cover Eps. 1&2 ^^; With the amount of threads they have already, if they have an Episode 7, it'll STILL involve Shion and the rest, or maybe Abel/Elly.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Maestro4k
Site Admin


Joined: 04 Jun 2005
Posts: 1397

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DiGiKerot wrote:
I don't really mind loading times (I've played Xenosaga II twice and didn't get fed up with it Laughing ) so I may just try PSP MX.

The only thing that bugs me about the loading times in Xenosaga II is that they weren't that bad in Xenosaga I. That and I didn't have to swap discs either. It's like they decided to downgrade things for the 2nd episode. WTF is up with that? Shocked

Still they weren't too big a deal, especially not if you really like the series. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
TokenAsian
Most Likely to Spend Too Much


Joined: 15 Jun 2005
Posts: 1417
Location: Lehigh University

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xenosaga III is just around the corner.

That and Ace Combat Zero.

If there's anything I love more than goddesses, it's FIGHTER JETS!

*fangirlish squeal*

Saab Gripens are kawaii!!!^_^
_________________
Secretary of the Anime Club of Lehigh University (ACLU?)
Please visit my Anime Blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Maestro4k
Site Admin


Joined: 04 Jun 2005
Posts: 1397

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DiGiKerot wrote:
I own three copies of Xenosaga II, so I guess I kind of do like the series ^^;

And I thought I was bad preordering and buying the strategy guide! Shocked

DiGiKerot wrote:
The disk swap thing was kind of understandable, though, given a lot of older PS2's had problems reading dual layer game DVDs. I don't think there are actually that many dual layer PS2 games - Xenosaga might actually have been the first - so I assume Sony put developers off going that way.

Ahh, that might be it, sucks though. Of course I didn't have any problems with the first game and the load times were much better (that part I have to wonder about, that seems more like coding issues to me). Hopefully they'll get the loading times down in Ep. III a bit. It really sucks that Ep. III's the last game, the story threads that have been set up so far are going to be hard to resolve in just one more game. Sad

I think I'm the only person out there that was disspointed that the number of hours of cinematics went down from Ep. I to Ep. II though. Laughing

bakaboobie wrote:
After much hassling HS, they've finally started to ship my items. Hooray.. Confused

Hopefully you didn't hassle them too much or they might decide to do a "drop" shipment. Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
DiGiKerot



Joined: 15 Jun 2005
Posts: 305

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maestro4k wrote:

And I thought I was bad preordering and buying the strategy guide! Shocked


I preordered the Japanese version and managed not to get the pre-order movie disk.

I preordered the US version and managed not to get the pre-order movie disk.

I bought the European version, every copy of which came with the movie disk (since they didn't actually release episode I over here ^^; ).

I actually have Xenosaga Freaks (Indeed, I've finished Xenokomi with every character), NamcoXCapcom (Monolith game with various XS characters in it), Venus and Braves (Odd Namco visual novel/RPG/stat game with a KOS-MOS cameo) and Soul Calibur III as well ^^;

Maestro4k wrote:

DiGiKerot wrote:
The disk swap thing was kind of understandable, though, given a lot of older PS2's had problems reading dual layer game DVDs. I don't think there are actually that many dual layer PS2 games - Xenosaga might actually have been the first - so I assume Sony put developers off going that way.

Ahh, that might be it, sucks though. Of course I didn't have any problems with the first game and the load times were much better (that part I have to wonder about, that seems more like coding issues to me). Hopefully they'll get the loading times down in Ep. III a bit. It really sucks that Ep. III's the last game, the story threads that have been set up so far are going to be hard to resolve in just one more game. Sad


Japanese Episode I even had a hard-drive install option which I presume would have made the loading times even quicker, but they took that out when they released the US version (probably because FFXI and the PS2 HD weren't out at the time).

Maestro4k wrote:

I think I'm the only person out there that was disspointed that the number of hours of cinematics went down from Ep. I to Ep. II though. Laughing


Nah, I reckon there will be a few of us who feel that way.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Maestro4k
Site Admin


Joined: 04 Jun 2005
Posts: 1397

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DiGiKerot wrote:
I preordered the Japanese version and managed not to get the pre-order movie disk.

I preordered the US version and managed not to get the pre-order movie disk.

I bought the European version, every copy of which came with the movie disk (since they didn't actually release episode I over here ^^; ).

Holy.... I think after the 2nd one I'd have been inclined to just see if I could find a copy of the movie disk on eBay. Shocked

You know I haven't watched the movie disk yet, I have the ones that someone ripped earlier on from the game (complete with some of the gameplay segments that told part of the story). I didn't have a DVD burner at the time but I put them on SVCDs. Smile

DiGiKerot wrote:
I actually have Xenosaga Freaks (Indeed, I've finished Xenokomi with every character),

I'd try to get a copy if I thought I could actually play through it. Very Happy

DiGiKerot wrote:
NamcoXCapcom (Monolith game with various XS characters in it), Venus and Braves (Odd Namco visual novel/RPG/stat game with a KOS-MOS cameo) and Soul Calibur III as well ^^;

OK, you definitely win there, you're far more obsessed with Xenosaga than I. Laughing

BTW, are you going to try to get the Xenosaga I & II for Nintendo DS when it's released? I think I'll pass since I have both original games (and don't have a DS).

DiGiKerot wrote:
Japanese Episode I even had a hard-drive install option which I presume would have made the loading times even quicker, but they took that out when they released the US version (probably because FFXI and the PS2 HD weren't out at the time).

That'd be sweet! I think you can get it to run with HDLoader/HDAdvance/Etc. if you use your own HD and inject the image from your PC but that's not a solution everyone would be willing to try. Smile I haven't tried it actually, since I have the first game I didn't feel like taking up hard drive space with it.

DiGiKerot wrote:
Maestro4k wrote:

I think I'm the only person out there that was disspointed that the number of hours of cinematics went down from Ep. I to Ep. II though. Laughing

Nah, I reckon there will be a few of us who feel that way.

Oh, so you wished there were more cinematics in Episode II as well? Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> Gaming Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 23 SQL queries
  Username:    Password:      Remember me