AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index AnimeBlogger.net Forums
Anime/Manga Blogging Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Intros
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chao Otaku

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lesse... I'm a 17 year old male Canadian, utterly obsessed with Shonen anime and RPGs... And I have a negative amount of resistance to cute, fuzzy things.

I run a really disorganized, still kind of bad Livejournal anime blog where I blog nearly nothing but shounen anime and force random stupid jokes on the reader.

Series I'm watching this season (not counting ones I was watching before the season started >_>) are The Law of Ueki, MAR and Honey & Clover and my favorite series is Konjiki no Gash Bell.

Hmm, can't think of anything else interesting to say.
Jehuty

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a 16 yr old sophomore in HS.. since the anime club at my school is run by a dictator Evil or Very Mad so, I feel need to share my opinions on my blog~ Anyway, I don't have a credit card yet, so I can't buy stuff online. I can only get legit anime-related products during summer when I go to Thailand(lots of cheap stuff). I have a job there and I get paid a fair amount of money. But in the end, I spend it all on illustration books and kotobukiya models...
strawberry brite

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone!

OK I guess I should give a good little intro since I'm sure none of you know who I am (well with the exception of Matthew). Anyhoo...

My name is Marla, I'm 23 (sadly) and I'm from Toronto (so yup another Canadian here). I just graduated from the University of Toronto (today actually) with an H.B.Sc. majoring in forensic science.

I'm totally addicted to anime and manga but it's probably just because I get addicted to pretty much anything. Aside from that obsession, I collect 80's toys (girl stuff mostly >> strawberry shortcake, rainbow brite, my little pony etc.).

I have a little blog but it's more of an "anything I feel like talking about" blog. I do frequently talk about anime and manga though, check it out some time hehehe (self promotion).

OK I think I've talked too much now.... Nice to meet you all!!
Dervish

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiyo ev'budy!

I'm a 20-something anime fan living in or about Colorado. Hobbies include playing games, sleeping, watching anime (duh), putzing around on the intrarweb (also duh), and various other and sundry activities. I found a sweet gig of a job in which basically all of my job duties can be performed by the program MS Word, but the boss is too stupid to actually USE word to do my job. So essentially I get paid to sit around on my ass all day. Smile

So anyway, nice to meet you all!

ps: I love all the super-cute icons Shocked
anduril

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy all!

My name's Jay, yet another Canadian (this time from the temperate rainforest that is the West Coast of Canada), and I used to run numenor.ca (and will again, when I get around to reviving the server).

I work as a tech analyst (well, mostly troubleshooting, really) and my anime consumption is way, way down from what it used to be -- but I'm hoping that conversations in these forums can change that!

It's good to see the animeblogger community under one roof; I recognize a lot of these names from their sites (and the active RSS feeds, of course).

Catch you on the boards!
Satoshi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, an awful lot of Canadians 'round these parts.

Please, no jokes about how it's so cold up here we have nothing else to do. It's actually been freaking hot out here in SW Ontario these past few days (hit 40 degrees C, with humidity, one day - and it's only the first half of June!). Hope it's more moderate out west...
Mentar

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh lookie look, the usual suspects are mingling here ^_^

Seems that I'm the methusalem here - 35 year-old male German project manager/senior consultant for a major German Internet Service Provider.

First contact with anime were fourth-generation ancient VHS copies of Robotech, which I treasured dearly, and which were followed up by Bubblegum Crisis and the likes.

The contact intensified when I tried to get copies of Evangelion (yeah, I admit it), which got me into contact with the encoding group I'm still active in, ZX (Zhentarim DivX). Got me in touch with the technical world of digital video and audio, which still probably can be considered my primary hobby. Also, I'm guest writer for Memento, but am currently kinda short on time and an anime which really intrigues me...

Well, having a job which provides you with excellent internet connectivity all around the clock certainly helps. If anyone of you happens to touch down in Germany someday, gimme a holler Wink
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mentar wrote:
Seems that I'm the methusalem here - 35 year-old male German project manager/senior consultant for a major German Internet Service Provider.

Hehe, so I'm not the oldest for a change, you beat me by two years. Wink
Tensai

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maestro4k wrote:
Mentar wrote:

Hehe, so I'm not the oldest for a change, you beat me by two years. Wink

Feels ancient, a I'm north of 35 but still south of 40 Rolling Eyes

I wasn't kidding when I said the first anime I got into was Speed Racer and Kimba... back when it aired in the early 70's on regular TV. Sigh... I even remember when Battle of the Planets was 'new'.
Mentar

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obasan! ^_^

*honor your elders or so*

*hides*
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tensai wrote:
I wasn't kidding when I said the first anime I got into was Speed Racer and Kimba... back when it aired in the early 70's on regular TV. Sigh... I even remember when Battle of the Planets was 'new'.

I remember watching Speed Racer on PBS back in the 70s myself so don't feel bad. Smile I also watched (and loved) what I now realize was a Sentai show. I missed out on the other stuff as it didn't air around here apparently. (I didn't even get to see all of Robotech until I found a friend with the LDs in college, and even then I never saw past the Macross part of it.)
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Satoshi wrote:
Wow, an awful lot of Canadians 'round these parts.

Please, no jokes about how it's so cold up here we have nothing else to do.

So what do you do then? Wink

Satoshi wrote:
It's actually been freaking hot out here in SW Ontario these past few days (hit 40 degrees C, with humidity, one day - and it's only the first half of June!). Hope it's more moderate out west...

Ouch, that's 104 F for the non-metric folks (like me, I had to look it up). That's a lot hotter than it is down here in Tennessee in the US! If it's any consolation I have no air conditioning at work....
Shiro

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well.. i'm 18 years old. I'm just about to finish of my college course of computer animation & computer graphics.. and hope to go on to do an Art course! ^^;;

My main likes in this world are Anime & Manga. I could go on for HOURS about the kinds i like.. but i'll leave you people to find out for yourself. =P

Be sure to check out my Blog. Thank you. ^-^
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Tensai

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maestro4k wrote:
(I didn't even get to see all of Robotech until I found a friend with the LDs in college, and even then I never saw past the Macross part of it.)

There was like a huge dead space between 'Battle of the Planets' and 'Robotech' where I was, so essentially throughout High School it was my British SF period (Docto Who, The Tomorrow People, Blake's 7). Then I caught Robotech halfway through it's first airing. Caught it the second time through and saved it on Beta ^^

Starblazers and Harlock were also around, but on a station we didn't get on cable, so try as I might to pull it in on a coat hanger jammed into the UHF jack, it just wasn't happening.

Ahh... Good Times...
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tensai wrote:
There was like a huge dead space between 'Battle of the Planets' and 'Robotech' where I was, so essentially throughout High School it was my British SF period (Docto Who, The Tomorrow People, Blake's 7). Then I caught Robotech halfway through it's first airing. Caught it the second time through and saved it on Beta ^^

Starblazers and Harlock were also around, but on a station we didn't get on cable, so try as I might to pull it in on a coat hanger jammed into the UHF jack, it just wasn't happening.

Ahh... Good Times...

Strangely enough for me I didn't go directly into anime fandom though. It took quite a few years (1996 to be precise) when other events drew me in. I have probably the most unique story for getting into serious anime/manga fandom of anyone. Smile

I had an online friend get date-raped in real life. The only thing that would cheer her up any was to talk about Sailor Moon. I didn't know anything about it really, but I was certainly determined to learn fast, my friend was suicidal. In the process of searching for info I found the (now non-existant I think) site at MIT that had all, or nearly all, of the Sailor Moon albums up in Mp3 form. I loved the music and was hooked on the show before I ever saw it thanks to that. Smile Fortunately I was able to find the dub running on a few stations and with help of a friend in another city (who got those channels) set up a VCR and started taping to watch it. I liked it quite a bit, although I started learning online that I wasn't getting the whole story thanks to the (fairly massive) edits to the dub. I also learned about fansubs and decided to check them out. I ordered my first fansubs ever direct from VKLL and the first fansub I ever watched was the Sailor Moon R movie. Smile That's still one of my favorites, and I was hooked. I started discovering there were other series and got a few of those (Magic Knight Rayearth was the second fansubbed show I ever saw) and the rest, as they say, is history. I even did VHS fansub distro for a while.

For those curious my friend made it through OK. She did make a half-hearted attempt at suicide but was saved by her parents and finally she told them what was wrong. She later told me I'd saved her life by being so dedicated to cheering her up. Smile I don't know if that's true or not, but she certainly felt so and I'm glad I was there at the right time to help her. Getting into anime again was just a side benefit. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 3 of 21

Jump to: