AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index AnimeBlogger.net Forums
Anime/Manga Blogging Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Intros
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moyism
Graphics Virtuoso & IRC Op Team

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

er... 22, NJ, jobless, and just graduated college.

... oh yea, becoming poorer day by day. Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Iris

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm 17, was born in America and have been living in Ireland for 10 years.

My interests include anime/ manga (getting the obvious stuff out of the way first), video games, reading, writing, and paranormal stuff and unexplained mysteries.

I aspire to start my own anime blog to draw attention to lesser known anime that have already been released, but I need a new computer first Sad
I have an old imac at the moment.

...... So, yeah, hi.
Satoshi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, folks!

Lessee, 24 (EDIT: er, 23, and slightly absentminded) here, another Canadian, and yeah, I'm that guy who runs Satoshi's Corner. I think I've written far too much about myself already, so I'll skip the usual platitudes. Smile

I think this forum could take up waay to much of my time, and I'm behind enough already. :p Thankfully this is the only forum I'm active in (aside from Matthew's SB).

Last edited by Satoshi on Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

moyism wrote:
er... 22, NJ, jobless, and just graduated college.

... oh yea, becoming poorer day by day. Shocked

Your buying habits certainly don't help. Wink
rixot

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The greatest aspect of having a computer based job is being able to waste time, during work hours, in forums likes these. I'm looking foward to adding these forums to my everyday read list.

Anyways, I'm 24, one year out of college, currently a software engineer doing some secret gov't work (no...really) in Orlando, FL. I currently maintain a shabby anime blog at tasogare.org. Nice to meet you all and hopefully I can contribute to these forums.
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rixot wrote:
Anyways, I'm 24, one year out of college, currently a software engineer doing some secret gov't work (no...really) in Orlando, FL. I currently maintain a shabby anime blog at tasogare.org. Nice to meet you all and hopefully I can contribute to these forums.

Man, I almost ended up going into that area, but I didn't really want to deal with the whole background search and never being able to tell anyone what I was doing at work. Smile

Glad to have you here, hope you enjoy the forums. Smile
rixot

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maestro4k wrote:
Man, I almost ended up going into that area, but I didn't really want to deal with the whole background search and never being able to tell anyone what I was doing at work. Smile

Glad to have you here, hope you enjoy the forums. Smile

Yeah the secret clearance was a pain in the ass...I had to give a detailed description of the past 10 or so years of my life...I was 13 back then, I don't remember that stuff! Anyways, this forum has a nice selection of avatars. Marimite makes me happy.
Satoshi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, I didn't have to go *that* detailed...I did have to go ten years back, but I just more or less aproximated what I could remember, and then wrote something to the effect of "yeah, some dates were guessed, I don't remember real well. Consider them all aproximate".
Tensai

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

/wave

Hi, I'm Tensai and hail back from the days when Speed Racer and Kimba the White Lion was the only anime on TV. Yes, I'm utterly old school.

While I was a huge anime fan in the late 80's and early 90's, it kind of fell by the wayside for over a decade. After Buffy and Angel dropped from TV, I was left with very little in the way to watch. While I dabbled a bit renting some anime from Netflix, it wasn't until Piro over at Megatokyo listed a number of anime blogs that things really kicked into gear. Since Ah! Megami-sama had just started airing in Japan, and I loved that manga back in the day, it pretty much pulled me back in entirely. And thanks to bloggers like Matthew, I've been sucked into other series like Mahoraba and Negima.

Shortly I will re-launching my old website that covered Buffy and Angel, and it will focus not only on Sci-Fi in the States and overseas, but anime as well.

-Tensai
thescott18

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, time for me to have a go at this...

My name is Scott and I'm from NJ. I'm 20 and about to transfer to Rutgers University for my junior year. My major is Computer Science, and I'm hoping to go into programming or software engineering once I'm done with school. But for now, I'm just going to have to settle for a crappy summer job at my local video rental store. (-_-)

I started Scott's Anime Almanac as an outlet for me to rant about my opinions on the artistic qualities of anime and also the state of the industry. It's only been around for less then three months, but I find that it's been doing quite nicely. I've written a couple of interesting posts that sparked some discussion in the community (in both good and bad ways Razz), and I also had a story of mine picked up by Anime News Network I recently recruited my girlfriend to help me with the site. She edits my post so that they are readable, and lately she's been adding some cute artwork to the site as well. (^_^) So hopefully my blog will continue to grow so I can be on par with Mathew's some day.

I'm happy to be a part of a forum. I've tried a couple in the past, but the asshole ratio on them was just too high for me to tolerate. But you're all generally good guys so I'm really looking forward to this! Very Happy
rixot

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Satoshi wrote:
Heh, I didn't have to go *that* detailed...I did have to go ten years back, but I just more or less aproximated what I could remember, and then wrote something to the effect of "yeah, some dates were guessed, I don't remember real well. Consider them all aproximate".

The best part is, it's been almost a year and I haven't received my official clearance yet. And to think I had to dig around for a few days to fill in all the details (list 3 people that knew you while you lived here, addys and phone #'s included...). Before 9/11, people got their clearance within a few days!
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rixot wrote:
The best part is, it's been almost a year and I haven't received my official clearance yet. And to think I had to dig around for a few days to fill in all the details (list 3 people that knew you while you lived here, addys and phone #'s included...). Before 9/11, people got their clearance within a few days!

The part I hated about the process (besides the whole general having the FBI pry into your life way too much) was the bit about your job was contigent on getting the clearance. It would really suck to work for over a year and the FBI decide not to clear you for some reason and you get sacked. Sad

Grr, one of my coworker's car alarm keeps going off every 10 minutes or so. Nothing's bothering it, it just is too sensitive. He's out at one of the remote sites (in a company vehicle) so we can't get him to turn it off. *sigh* Are car alarms good for anything besides driving folks nuts?
Ten
IRC Op Team

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tensai wrote:
...Shortly I will re-launching my old website that covered Buffy and Angel, and it will focus not only on Sci-Fi in the States and overseas, but anime as well.

I'm looking forward to this. And yeah, I also found myself without anything to watch in TV when both Angel and Buffy left the small screen.
hayama

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm 14 years old, and obsessed with anime(obviously). I've been reading anime blogs for about a year now, and even tried to start one(didn't work like I had planned). My favorite series this season/the only ones I am watching are Futakoi Alternative and Emma(which is a suprise because I usually am a big Bee Train fan). My favorite anime series of all time is Haibane Renmei.
Lawson

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. My name is Jeff Lawson. I'm 27 years old, have a B.A. in Political Science, and live in Omaha, Nebraska, USA.

Please send naked pictures.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 2 of 21

Jump to: