AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index AnimeBlogger.net Forums
Anime/Manga Blogging Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Site Downtime Thursday, 12/1/2005

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:35 am    Post subject: Site Downtime Thursday, 12/1/2005 Reply with quote

There will be some brief downtime tonight, Thursday 12/1/2005 between 10pm and 11pm PST for maintenance. My hosting provider is switching the server we're on over to a new power circuit.

Last edited by Maestro4k on Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Byakko
IRC Op Team

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: Site Downtime Thursday, 12/1/2005 Reply with quote

Maestro4k wrote:
There will be some brief downtime tonight, Thursday 12/1/2005 between 10pm and 11pm PST for maintenance. My hosting provider is switching the server we're on over to a new power circuit.

Would this make this server better? ^__^ or would it be the same?
animeronin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:44 am    Post subject: Re: Site Downtime Thursday, 12/1/2005 Reply with quote

Byakko wrote:
Would this make this server better? ^__^ or would it be the same?
More or less, it will be the former. I hope.
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually I'd say it doesn't matter but I remember the blackout that they had a few months back and the E-mail they sent everyone afterwards explaining what happened. Somehow the backup power system failed, and while they didn't know why at that point they promised they were looking into it and would be working to make sure it didn't happen again.

So I suspect the power circuit switch has something to do with that and it will help insure there's not extended downtime again in case of a blackout where their servers are located! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: