AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index AnimeBlogger.net Forums
Anime/Manga Blogging Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Happy Thanksgiving from AnimeBlogger.net!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Byakko
IRC Op Team

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow....so many random posts about food. lol =P

I'm happy. I had deep fried turkey today. AND fried calamari, shrimp chips, and fried egg rolls. xD Might as well use the deep fryer as much as possible. =) I'm still amazed my dad went out to buy the deep fryer. o_O But man, this year was an untradition Thanksgiving dinner. No mashed potatoes, no corn, no rice, no bread. o_O Just salad, deep fried turkey, deep fried calamari, deep friend eggrolls, sushi, pineapple, and friend long beans. xD so stuffed.
Byakko
IRC Op Team

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TokenAsian wrote:
Chinese people can't make a turkey to save their lives.

*munches on peanut candy*

Still, I'm thankful!

....you need to come over to taste my dad or my bro's cooking. =P
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problematic wrote:
Maestro4k wrote:
Actually I seem to remember my friend I was there/staying with (who was American, not Japanese, but was nearing the end of a two year post-doc at the labs) said he'd never seen anyone do that before. I think he was more surprised I liked it that way than anything. Embarassed

Yea I would be too, but I think its sweet because it's something unique and different.

It also tasted quite good to me, and at least I made an effort to eat all my rice instead of wasting it. (I hate to waste food!) Smile

Problematic wrote:
LOL yea. I kinda understand where its coming from, since (as Tokenasian stated) my nick does imply masculinity somehow. Identity crisis..ME! Never! *First step: In denial.* Haha

Hehe, don't kill me for this but I should point out that a LOT of guys would describe their girlfriends/wifes as "problematic" now and then, or at least I've heard a lot of guys do so (and sometimes problematic wasn't the exact woring used, but it was the same general idea). I don't think the nick's really masculine or feminine myself. Smile

Problematic wrote:
Edit-Yikes I totally went off topic! Haha I am surprised I haven't been banned yet.

It's not a big deal, I don't consider this thread to have any particular topic other than wherever it leads. I just posted it to wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving. Smile

Byakko wrote:
wow....so many random posts about food. lol =P

I'm happy. I had deep fried turkey today. AND fried calamari, shrimp chips, and fried egg rolls. xD Might as well use the deep fryer as much as possible. =) I'm still amazed my dad went out to buy the deep fryer. o_O But man, this year was an untradition Thanksgiving dinner. No mashed potatoes, no corn, no rice, no bread. o_O Just salad, deep fried turkey, deep fried calamari, deep friend eggrolls, sushi, pineapple, and friend long beans. xD so stuffed.

No fair, I don't get any fried turkey until work's Christmas dinner (turns out I was mistaken about us having a Thanksgiving one too). Sad

Oh well, my dinner was free, can't complain too much. I even got leftovers to take home free as well. Very Happy
TokenAsian
Most Likely to Spend Too Much

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stopped eating rice in large quantities a while ago. Started up on bagels and pasta. Seems to have more substance to it somehow.

I eat portable rice... I keep a few MREs lying around just in case.

Well, invite me to Thanksgiving sometime! I want some good turkey! The one I had this year was WHITE in color for whatever bizarre reason.

It was a ghost turkey, no doubt.
Problematic
Is a girl darn it!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maestro4k wrote:
Problematic wrote:
LOL yea. I kinda understand where its coming from, since (as Tokenasian stated) my nick does imply masculinity somehow. Identity crisis..ME! Never! *First step: In denial.* Haha

Hehe, don't kill me for this but I should point out that a LOT of guys would describe their girlfriends/wifes as "problematic" now and then, or at least I've heard a lot of guys do so (and sometimes problematic wasn't the exact woring used, but it was the same general idea). I don't think the nick's really masculine or feminine myself. Smile

Haha I was given the nick when I was experiencing comp and comp related troubles. I have problems when it comes to all of this technical stuff, thus is why I haven't changed my layout yet. "Problematic on the interweb....NO WAY!" Haha

Also I just realized there is a description under my name...I'm looking at you Maestro. LOL Laughing I'm surprised it doesn't say, "she's asian and doesn't eat rice!" Haha that would cause a lot of controversy Mr. Green

TokenAsian wrote:
I stopped eating rice in large quantities a while ago. Started up on bagels and pasta. Seems to have more substance to it somehow.

OOO another one. LOL that makes only two.

TokenAsian wrote:
Well, invite me to Thanksgiving sometime! I want some good turkey! The one I had this year was WHITE in color for whatever bizarre reason.

And you ate it? That couldn't have been healthy or good for your system. Shocked
Byakko
IRC Op Team

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problematic wrote:
Maestro4k wrote:
Problematic wrote:

Haha I was given the nick when I was experiencing comp and comp related troubles. I have problems when it comes to all of this technical stuff, thus is why I haven't changed my layout yet. "Problematic on the interweb....NO WAY!" Haha

Also I just realized there is a description under my name...I'm looking at you Maestro. LOL Laughing I'm surprised it doesn't say, "she's asian and doesn't eat rice!" Haha that would cause a lot of controversy Mr. Green

yay! a female anime fan. ^__^ heh....I dont see much of them around =/

My brother doesn't eat rice. He says it's too bland. So does my dad. There goes the asian stereotype of Chinese people having rice with everything. =P
Byakko
IRC Op Team

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TokenAsian wrote:

I eat portable rice... I keep a few MREs lying around just in case.

Maybe it was one of those tofu turkeys. Wink
Problematic
Is a girl darn it!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Byakko wrote:

My brother doesn't eat rice. He says it's too bland. So does my dad. There goes the asian stereotype of Chinese people having rice with everything. =P

Haha thanks. Very Happy There aren't many female anime bloggers because I know like 6, out of the 50+ animebloggers out there.

Yay a new revolution is starting where asians won't have rice with every single meal. Twisted Evil If people said that awhile ago, they would look at you, as if you were crazy. Haha
Byakko
IRC Op Team

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problematic wrote:
Byakko wrote:

Haha thanks. Very Happy There aren't many female anime bloggers because I know like 6, out of the 50+ animebloggers out there.

Yay a new revolution is starting where asians won't have rice with every single meal. Twisted Evil If people said that awhile ago, they would look at you, as if you were crazy. Haha

Actually, it goes one more step. They expect you to eat rice with soy sauce. >_> That's so nasty....I wonder why Caucasians love rice with soy sauce. =/
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problematic wrote:

So you're saying you're just one big problem? Wink

Problematic wrote:

Yeah that was my doing, I thought it would be funny and also help your identity crisis a bit. Laughing I didn't think about putting the rest, I just had the idea that it saying "Is a girl darn it!" would be pretty funny. Smile

Byakko wrote:
TokenAsian wrote:

And you ate it? That couldn't have been healthy or good for your system. Shocked

Like a fried one was any healthier? Laughing

Byakko wrote:
Maybe it was one of those tofu turkeys. Wink

A ghost turkey would probably be more palatable. Shocked

Problematic wrote:

Anime fandom has always been predominantly male, or at least it is online. I hope the growth of shoujo titles (even if Viz is destroying a few of them) will lead to more females joining our ranks, that'll be more fun and better for all of us. (It'll mean more titles coming over! Very Happy )

Byakko wrote:
Actually, it goes one more step. They expect you to eat rice with soy sauce. >_> That's so nasty....I wonder why Caucasians love rice with soy sauce. =/

For some reason soy sauce has gotten associated with rice, but I think the main reason us silly caucasians eat rice with soy sauce is to give it some taste (for plain white rice). I'd prefer something different myself, especially since I'm supposed to keep my salt intake low. I've tried teriyaki but it didn't taste quite right either. (Not that I like soy sauce either, but it tasted better.) The lid to my rice cooker dissapeared anyway so I haven't cooked any rice in a long time.
Byakko
IRC Op Team

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maestro4k wrote:

Byakko wrote:
TokenAsian wrote:

Like a fried one was any healthier? Laughing

Not my quote. =P And as for me, right now, its Taste > Health XD

Quote:
The lid to my rice cooker dissapeared anyway so I haven't cooked any rice in a long time.

hahaha....the lid to our rice cooker lost its latch a while ago. But did that stop us? No. We used a can to keep the lid down, then upgraded to a velcro strip. XD Laughing
Asakomi
Global Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a girl, but I don't think that's ever been questioned. Maybe I'm just really girly?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Problematic
Is a girl darn it!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maestro4k wrote:
So you're saying you're just one big problem? Wink

Haha yea when it comes with my FTP server. Yesterday I managed to turn my whole webpage blank, and had to get my host to fix it. LOL, apparently I moved my whole content folder into my admin one. Yet I still don't know how I accomplished that feat, but it still amazes me how lil my technological sense is.

Byakko wrote:

Haha I have no clue, but I can tell you I don't like it either. Yea I just realized they all do that, they have large bowls and dump a huge amount of soy sauce on top. Shocked Westerner's do have more saliva in them (learned this from Yakitate!), so maybe thats why they can stand it. Otherwise it's too salty for my taste. Rice never taste right with anything, except maybe ramen sauce (right Maestro?Wink ), but I haven't tried that either.

Byakko wrote:
Maestro4k wrote:
The lid to my rice cooker dissapeared anyway so I haven't cooked any rice in a long time.

hahaha....the lid to our rice cooker lost its latch a while ago. But did that stop us? No. We used a can to keep the lid down, then upgraded to a velcro strip. XD Laughing

Haha thats hilarious! So whats next, a metal latch? Laughing

Asakomi wrote:
I'm a girl, but I don't think that's ever been questioned. Maybe I'm just really girly?

Umm...lets see...cause "Problematic's an interweb tomboy!" Cool Haha. Nah no one can question with a nick like "Ren" and "Asakomi". Also the writing style of your Suzuka posts (which are awesome by the way Wink ), always complementing Honoka's style, theres no mistaking your identity. Unless theres a male out there who would like to buy and wear Honoka's clothes. Wink Laughing Shocked
Asakomi
Global Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problematic wrote:

Umm...lets see...cause "Problematic's an interweb tomboy!" Cool Haha. Nah no one can question with a nick like "Ren" and "Asakomi". Also the writing style of your Suzuka posts (which are awesome by the way Wink ), always complementing Honoka's style, theres no mistaking your identity. Unless theres a male out there who would like to buy and wear Honoka's clothes. Wink Laughing Shocked

Thanks for the compliment! and Rofl @ the comment about a guy wanting to buy and wear her clothes.

Stranger things have happened my dear probby-chan.. stranger things have happened. Heh.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Byakko wrote:
Not my quote. =P And as for me, right now, its Taste > Health XD

Sorry about that, got confused editing the reply. Embarassed

Byakko wrote:

Well I probably could have managed if it was something like that but this was a cheap-o Black & Decker rice cooker with a seperate glass lid that was unattached. The lid's vanished entirely and the rice won't cook without the lid on there to keep in moisture. Sad

I probably should get a real rice cooker (that one tended to burn the rice on the bottom anyway) but they all seem to be real expensive and I don't really have a clue what model to get. A small one that works very well is what I need, I'm the only person who will eat rice at my house. Smile

Asakomi wrote:

Ren's pretty feminine and you make no secret about it being your name so that's probably why. Smile

Problematic wrote:
Haha yea when it comes with my FTP server. Yesterday I managed to turn my whole webpage blank, and had to get my host to fix it. LOL, apparently I moved my whole content folder into my admin one. Yet I still don't know how I accomplished that feat, but it still amazes me how lil my technological sense is.

That's amazing, that's something that should be quite difficult to do by accident! If it makes you feel any better you're not alone, my Mom does the same things. She'll manage to make a program do something I didn't even know it could do and it takes me a while to figure out how to fix it. That and she doesn't listen to what I tell her to do (told her to click on start | programs | word perfect once over the phone, she launched Windows Explorer instead -- twice!)

Problematic wrote:
Haha I have no clue, but I can tell you I don't like it either. Yea I just realized they all do that, they have large bowls and dump a huge amount of soy sauce on top. Shocked Westerner's do have more saliva in them (learned this from Yakitate!), so maybe thats why they can stand it. Otherwise it's too salty for my taste. Rice never taste right with anything, except maybe ramen sauce (right Maestro?Wink ), but I haven't tried that either.

I don't think the saliva helps, it just seems most Caucasians like soy sauce, I agree that it's too salty. (I don't particularly care for soy sauce, I don't eat my sushi with it either generally, although I will occasionally since the place I go has some of the low-sodium soy sauce which isn't as bad).

Asakomi wrote:
Thanks for the compliment! and Rofl @ the comment about a guy wanting to buy and wear her clothes.

Stranger things have happened my dear probby-chan.. stranger things have happened. Heh.

Back when I worked at K-mart we had a cross-dresser come in one day, I didn't see them myselves but they made quite a stir because they looked very feminine and only gave themselves away when they spoke. The idiots followed him around the store, like someone cross-dressing's going to shoplift? Shocked Poor guy, I might not understand his wanting to cross-dress but I know that doing so doesn't make him a crook. Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: