AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index AnimeBlogger.net Forums
Anime/Manga Blogging Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Happy Thanksgiving from AnimeBlogger.net!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:15 am    Post subject: Happy Thanksgiving from AnimeBlogger.net! Reply with quote

Happy Thanksgiving!
From AnimeBlogger.net

Let's hope your turkey doesn't fly off on you:

(And yes those were the best anime Thanksgiving-related images I could find. Embarassed )

Last edited by Maestro4k on Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:20 am; edited 1 time in total
bakaboobie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Thanksgiving as well, not only to those who are celebrating it but to those who are not familiar with the occassion. Very Happy

Drive safe guys!
You

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Thanksgiving guys, although I don't celebrate it, I sure as hell would like to feast on a big turkey.
TokenAsian
Most Likely to Spend Too Much

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chinese people can't make a turkey to save their lives.

*munches on peanut candy*

Still, I'm thankful!
moyism
Graphics Virtuoso & IRC Op Team

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TokenAsian wrote:

Still, I'm thankful!
I don't know about your family, but my dad makes a fine turkey. So do other chinese families I know of. Cool
Problematic
Is a girl darn it!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moyism wrote:
TokenAsian wrote:

Still, I'm thankful!
I don't know about your family, but my dad makes a fine turkey. So do other chinese families I know of. Cool

Haha yea my mom made one hella awesome turkey and roast beef for thanksgiving, which we celebrated last month.
Really Moy? You are chinese too, I always thought you were Japanese, or are you?
moyism

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL if I was Japanese man, I would be one of the whiter ones I guess. Yea, I'm chinese. Thought my last name would have given it away.

Though I'm chinese I'm pretty "white" since I know absolutely nothing related to my heritage. I blame my parents never forcing me to learn anything, including my own language Wink
Problematic
Is a girl darn it!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moyism wrote:
LOL if I was Japanese man, I would be one of the whiter ones I guess. Yea, I'm chinese. Thought my last name would have given it away.

Though I'm chinese I'm pretty "white" since I know absolutely nothing related to my heritage. I blame my parents never forcing me to learn anything, including my own language Wink

Umm...Moy? My last name is definitely a chinese surname...which is Kwan, but I would've never guessed yours.

Haha I know what you mean! Yea I am pretty westernized too. My cantonese language speaking skills are horrendous because no one ever understand anything that comes out of my mouth. My parents tried forcing me to learn chinese, but they gave up because I am utterly hopeless. Haha well at least you didn't shame your heritage by refusing to eat rice because it tastes bland. Laughing

Wait, but you blog shows raw? So wouldn't that mean you could read chinese characters?

Sorry for going off topic. HAPPY AMERICAN THANKSGIVING MINNA!!
moyism

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problematic wrote:
Umm...Moy? My last name is definitely a chinese surname...which is Kwan, but I would've never guessed yours.
Yea. I actually haven't met many people with Moy as a last name. Ironically enough, thoroughout k-1 to 12th grade there was another girl with the same last name. We weren't related though; god you wouldn't believe how annoying it was to be asked if we were siblings EVERY year Sad
Quote:
Haha well at least you didn't shame your heritage by refusing to eat rice because it tastes bland. Laughing
you're asian and didn't/don't like rice?!?! What the... Shocked
Quote:
Wait, but you blog shows raw? So wouldn't that mean you could read chinese characters?
Not really. Only very very very little thanks to two years of Chinese in high school. I watch anime raw but the only reason I understand what I do is after years of watching 'em. I have no formal teaching in the japanese language nor do I remember much of my two years of chinese.

EDIT: err... oh yea, back on topic, HAPPY TURKEY DAY for those who celebrate it. For others, well you're not missing much.
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TokenAsian wrote:

What about Turkducken, can they make those? Wink

I had pizza for Thanksgiving one year but was thankful for that. I was in Tokyo at the time and that was about the closest we could come (we were already tired of KFC or we'd probably have eaten there instead.)

Lots of turkey, ham, smashed potatoes, dressing & pumpkin pie this year. Yum! Very Happy

moyism wrote:
EDIT: err... oh yea, back on topic, HAPPY TURKEY DAY for those who celebrate it. For others, well you're not missing much.

I don't know, I'd miss the nice large meals since those are a real rarity for me. Very Happy

I'm stuffed. Shocked
Ten
IRC Op Team

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Since my family isn't much of a turkey lover, my aunt made some yummy ham. Ahhh.. I think I binge enough for a whole week. (Must hit the gym this weekend. Argh.)

Quote:
Haha well at least you didn't shame your heritage by refusing to eat rice because it tastes bland.

Shocked Whoa, I'm speechless.
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ten wrote:
Problematic wrote:
Haha well at least you didn't shame your heritage by refusing to eat rice because it tastes bland.

I'm not Asian so I guess I can safely say I find plain white rice very bland and rarely will eat it plain. I will eat it plain if I have no choice but I also remembering putting the majority of my rice in the leftover juice from my ramen once or twice. Very Happy Somehow I suspect that's probably not exactly proper ettiquette but this was at a cafeteria at Kek Labs and there were a lot of foriegners so I doubt anyone was offended. Smile

Well at least we all know what to not get Problematic for Christmas! Wink
Problematic
Is a girl darn it!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moyism wrote:
you're asian and didn't/don't like rice?!?! What the... Shocked

Ten wrote:

Haha. Yea I haven't eaten rice for about a year now. Umm...yes I know it's weird and inconceivable how my family actually turns our rice cooker off, and I don't carry a portable one. LOL Yea I've received a lot of slack for not eatting rice....now thats what people consider being "white" or "banana". *Buries my head in shame!* Embarassed

Maestro4k wrote:
I'm not Asian so I guess I can safely say I find plain white rice very bland and rarely will eat it plain. I will eat it plain if I have no choice but I also remembering putting the majority of my rice in the leftover juice from my ramen once or twice. Very Happy Somehow I suspect that's probably not exactly proper ettiquette but this was at a cafeteria at Kek Labs and there were a lot of foriegners so I doubt anyone was offended. Smile

Well at least we all know what to not get Problematic for Christmas! Wink

@Maestro- Really? Haha how omoishiroi because I've never heard of anyone doing that before, but I've also never heard of any asian not eating rice too. Very Happy LOL Lets hope no one sends me a 20lb sack of fairbrand rice, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did. Laughing

Ah, I can hear the ...*Gasps are you really asian and a girl?!*. Haha still haven't gotten over the whole "guy thing", but its all good as long as no one else still think I am. Razz LOL
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problematic wrote:
Haha. Yea I haven't eaten rice for about a year now. Umm...yes I know it's weird and inconceivable how my family actually turns our rice cooker off, and I don't carry a portable one.

Wait, are you being silly or do people really carry around portable rice cookers? Shocked

Problematic wrote:
@Maestro- Really? Haha how omoishiroi because I've never heard of anyone doing that before, but I've also never heard of any asian not eating rice too.

Actually I seem to remember my friend I was there/staying with (who was American, not Japanese, but was nearing the end of a two year post-doc at the labs) said he'd never seen anyone do that before. I think he was more surprised I liked it that way than anything. Embarassed

Problematic wrote:
LOL Lets hope no one sends me a 20lb sack of fairbrand rice, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did. Laughing

If the shipping wouldn't be so high I'd be very tempted to do it just to see what you'd say about it. Wink

Problematic wrote:
Ah, I can hear the ...*Gasps are you really asian and a girl?!*. Haha still haven't gotten over the whole "guy thing", but its all good as long as no one else still think I am. Razz LOL

Oh yeah, you're a girl too, I forgot. (I really wasn't thinking of you as male or female though so it's not like it's a big deal.) So you're having a bit of an identity crisis here, people can't believe you're Asian because you don't eat rice and they think you're a guy online because.... hell if I know why. Laughing
Problematic
Is a girl darn it!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maestro4k wrote:
Wait, are you being silly or do people really carry around portable rice cookers? Shocked

Haha yea I am being silly here. It's weird cause my friend (asian) during lunch was eating one of those packages of rice (where you can heat it up by pouring hot water into it), and after other friends were cracking up about portable rice cookers.

Maestro4k wrote:
Actually I seem to remember my friend I was there/staying with (who was American, not Japanese, but was nearing the end of a two year post-doc at the labs) said he'd never seen anyone do that before. I think he was more surprised I liked it that way than anything. Embarassed

Yea I would be too, but I think its sweet because it's something unique and different.

Maestro4k wrote:
If the shipping wouldn't be so high I'd be very tempted to do it just to see what you'd say about it. Wink

Haha there's always Uncle Ben's. Wink Yea I could picture Canadian customs being baffled at why someone would send someone else rice for xmas. It would give my family a good laugh. Laughing

Maestro4k wrote:
Oh yeah, you're a girl too, I forgot. (I really wasn't thinking of you as male or female though so it's not like it's a big deal.) So you're having a bit of an identity crisis here, people can't believe you're Asian because you don't eat rice and they think you're a guy online because.... hell if I know why. Laughing

LOL yea. I kinda understand where its coming from, since (as Tokenasian stated) my nick does imply masculinity somehow. Identity crisis..ME! Never! *First step: In denial.* Haha

Edit-Yikes I totally went off topic! Haha I am surprised I haven't been banned yet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: