AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index AnimeBlogger.net Forums
Anime/Manga Blogging Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anime Blog Aggregation Service - Explanation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: Anime Blog Aggregation Service - Explanation Reply with quote

The user (welsper) who created the thread originally has left the forum, their account no longer exixts as they deleted it when they decided to leave.

The Anime Blog Aggregation Service thread was started by welsper and had several posts by them in the thread. PhpBB didn't like this at all, it lists an incorrect number of replies, showed the creator as Guest, yet didn't show the posts made by welsper. Trying to click on next or the 2 to see the second page resulted in an error saying no such topic exists on the forum.

I first tried splitting the existing posts into a new thread. I was able to select and move all posts but one (the first reply by TLchan) and put them in a temp thread. I deleted the original thread, renamed the new one and the problem persisted. So, I locked the thread because it's broken and am posting this explanation as to why.
TL_chan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, mess up my posts. Sad
Joking. ^_^
animeronin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first page is still viewable and fuctional, though. Just noticed.
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

animeronin wrote:
The first page is still viewable and fuctional, though. Just noticed.

Yes, and you can get PhpBB to show you the rest if you edit the next URL to start with 10 or so.

Somehow PhpBB has just gotten very confused about what messages are what numbers and how many there really are. Sad
welsper2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm not sure what happened, but I never willingly left the forum. Since around the beginning of November, I was stilling getting e-mail updates (since I subscribed to the original thread) from the forums. I decided to stop by today since someone on IRC told me to check out the Border's coupon, and I found, oh my, my account is completely gone.

Also, FYI, this install of phpbb does not allow users to delete themselves. The feature is only available as an addon, which, as of right now, I do not see installed on this forum.
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welsper2 wrote:
Well, I'm not sure what happened, but I never willingly left the forum. Since around the beginning of November, I was stilling getting e-mail updates (since I subscribed to the original thread) from the forums. I decided to stop by today since someone on IRC told me to check out the Border's coupon, and I found, oh my, my account is completely gone.

Well the only people who could delete you would be myself and Matthew and neither of us did. I wasn't even sure what had happened at first, I noticed the thread showing "Guest" as author and started investigating.

welsper2 wrote:
Also, FYI, this install of phpbb does not allow users to delete themselves. The feature is only available as an addon, which, as of right now, I do not see installed on this forum.

I didn't realize that was an add-on, I just figured it was a built-in function, I probably should add it.

As to what happened I no longer have any clue. Your account won't come up under user administration (the old one that is) and if you'd been deleted the E-mail would have stopped as well. Would it not let you rejoin using the same username? (I noticed you use a 2.)
welsper2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you prune users regularly, I could have just been pruned. Not a big deal, just I have to make another user account... I hope I don't have to go up to 3. Wink
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

welsper2 wrote:
If you prune users regularly, I could have just been pruned. Not a big deal, just I have to make another user account... I hope I don't have to go up to 3. Wink

I double-checked and pruning isn't on either. It worries me because now I wonder what caused it and I want to make sure it doesn't happen to anyone else. We've only had one user that we had to ban and even then I didn't delete them, I just banned their nick and E-mail. (I was concerned how the board would react to a user being removed.) I hope no one else has had their account dissapear. Shocked

In any case I'm very sorry about it, and anyone who has something weird happen please let me know. Smile
bakaboobie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a directly-related topic, does anyone know here how to unblock/whitelist the RSS anime aggregations (AB antenna and Anime Toshokan), if you're using Bad Behavior? I just upgraded to the latest one, and it's over-protective at the moment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: