AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index AnimeBlogger.net Forums
Anime/Manga Blogging Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Licensing] CMX licenses Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne manga

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> Licensing Announcements & Release Dates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ten
IRC Op Team

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:04 am    Post subject: [Licensing] CMX licenses Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne manga Reply with quote

posted on ANN:
Quote:
source: Newsarama
Kikaider Code 02, Cipher and more.At their panel at the San Diego Comic Con, CMX showed previews / artwork from a number of upcoming manga.

In October they will be releasing Cipher, Kikaider Code 02, Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne and Tower of the Future.

In December they will release Moon Child.

Cipher, Kikaider Code 02, Tower of the Future and Moon Child are all effectively new license announcements.

Normally, I would've jumped with joy with the announcement of the licensing of KKJ. However, with CMX handling this title, I'm very much worried of with outcome. The TenTen uber-censorship aside, some of their releases aren't just up to par. And I can almost cry looking at the blah-looking covers on their series.

Anyhow, I know I'll grab KKJ and Moon Child. I'm sort-of excited with Kikaider too. *sigh* My will to boycott a company diminishes when it comes to books.
Random Otaku

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't KKJ announced a while ago? Oo
I'm pretty sure I already saw a CMX preview that contained a few pages of vol.1

And I know your pain, I just can't skip buying Land of The Blindfolded, even if the release is so-so.
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the bright side I don't think the Japanese release covers for KKJ were that fantastic. IIRC it was a Ribon Mascot release and they have a lot of white space on them.

I think this is one I'll read in the store before I decide to buy or not. I'm interested in the title but I don't trust CMX very much either.

On the same note, I need to do that with Full Moon wo Sagashite to see how well Viz translated it too. Man I need to get to a book store sometime soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> Licensing Announcements & Release Dates All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: