AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index AnimeBlogger.net Forums
Anime/Manga Blogging Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sakura Taisen Stuff (Games/Anime/Etc.)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TokenAsian wrote:
I actually didn't bid on it just yet... While I make fun of myself, my spending habits are still pretty sane.

Yes but we all know you're going to. Laughing

TokenAsian wrote:
Oh hey, Sakura Taisen OAV for $6...

That's a good deal, too bad I already have it or I'd probably buy it. Iris-chan is so cute!! Smile (More cute anime girls need to carry around teddy bears they introduce by name...)
TokenAsian
Most Likely to Spend Too Much

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And moyism will come right behind me and bid a dollar more while I sleep! He strikes when you least expect it! Lock your doors!

I should get the Sakura Taisen OAV. I actually enjoyed it, despite not having played the games. Arrrgh, Fujishima-sensei strikes again!
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TokenAsian wrote:
And moyism will come right behind me and bid a dollar more while I sleep! He strikes when you least expect it! Lock your doors!

Well if he really wants to spend more than you do to win it you can't complain too much can you? Smile

TokenAsian wrote:
I should get the Sakura Taisen OAV. I actually enjoyed it, despite not having played the games. Arrrgh, Fujishima-sensei strikes again!

I've seen part of one of the games that a friend showed me but I've never played them either. I enjoyed the OVAs quite a bit though. Smile
TokenAsian
Most Likely to Spend Too Much

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably the main reason I like Sakura Taisen so much is because of the opening song. It's just so peppy and fun.

Okay, after I buy these textbooks, we'll see if I can buy this DVD or not.
Vinn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Item number: 8222404657

Not a bad deal if you have a modded PS2 and want to play it Smile
DiGiKerot

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TokenAsian wrote:
Probably the main reason I like Sakura Taisen so much is because of the opening song. It's just so peppy and fun.

Thats what I thought at first, but its ultimately brain meltingly infectious and you'll wish you've never heard it. That, and the Complete Song Box has about six or seven variations of it (including a rather neat Super Eurobeat version, though I know it was missing a few vocal variations which were out at the time the box was released) - it gets a little old eventually.

I also prefer Mihata no Motoni from ST3.

I'm one of those ST fanboys who think you really need to play the games to appriciate the anime versions, though, particularly with the later Paris OAVs where a lot of it comprises of injokes and stuff you need to have played the games to actually get.
DiGiKerot

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vinn wrote:

Got it Smile

Its a bit of a mixed bag, the PS2 version is. The new, ST3 style battles are nice, but some of the changes they've made elsewhere are annoying (the fact they've stripped out the mini-games for one). The new OP animation is crap as well.

But it is Sakura Taisen and all...
Vinn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DiGiKerot wrote:
Vinn wrote:

Got it Smile

Its a bit of a mixed bag, the PS2 version is. The new, ST3 style battles are nice, but some of the changes they've made elsewhere are annoying (the fact they've stripped out the mini-games for one). The new OP animation is crap as well.

But it is Sakura Taisen and all...

I got the 1st 3 for the DC and almost got this when it 1st came out. Never played the 4th one and "acquire" 5 but I really don't like the setting Rolling Eyes Sorta tempted but already have DCSS Vol. 1-2 on preorder......my CC gonna explode soon....
DiGiKerot

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vinn wrote:

I got the 1st 3 for the DC and almost got this when it 1st came out. Never played the 4th one and "acquire" 5 but I really don't like the setting Rolling Eyes Sorta tempted but already have DCSS Vol. 1-2 on preorder......my CC gonna explode soon....

I have the four on DC, this one on PS2, ST3 again on PS2,ST Monogatori:Mysterious Paris on PS2, STV episode 0 on PS2 and STV on PS2 myself (oh, I have one of the Columns games as well). I'll probably end up buying 1&2 again for the PSP when they are released.

No matter what you may think of the setting from the early chapters, STV is actually really, really good. They've put a lot of thought into keeping the series interesting, and there is a lot of variation in even the contents of the episode (one of them even has a Phoenix Wright-esque courtroom trail, which was aweseome). That said, I've not quite finished it yet ^^;

I like Sakura Taisen Very Happy
Vinn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will give V more of a try later then. Really didn't get too deep into the game yet cause of how it felt.

Hmm might get 2 on PSP cause I never really finish it.
DiGiKerot

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vinn wrote:
Hmm might get 2 on PSP cause I never really finish it.

The thing with the PSP version is thats is both ST1 and 2, so I do have to wonder if it'll force you to complete ST1 before you can play ST2.

Its the original Saturn/DC versions they are porting rather than the PS2 one, so at least the mini-games are back in place (I like the Kohran Missile Command clone in 2...)
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I split these posts off since we really wandered way off topic and there were enough posts to warrant their own thread.

I have to say I wish I understood Japanese enough to play the Sakura Taisen games! I know that the timed choices would make it damn near impossible, even with a walkthrough though. Sad
Vinn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's still fun imo even if you don't understand it. Though I'm a fan of SLG games Smile
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vinn wrote:
It's still fun imo even if you don't understand it. Though I'm a fan of SLG games Smile

Well maybe, but I want to go down the Iris paths in the games she's in so that makes it a tad more difficult without understanding it. Smile
DiGiKerot

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maestro4k wrote:
Vinn wrote:

Well maybe, but I want to go down the Iris paths in the games she's in so that makes it a tad more difficult without understanding it. Smile

I'm pretty sure that you get the choice of your top-two characters towards the end of the games anyway, so its actually pretty hard to get the Iris ending if you don't want it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: