AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index AnimeBlogger.net Forums
Anime/Manga Blogging Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

You know you've watched too much anime when..
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ten
IRC Op Team

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maestro4k wrote:
TokenAsian wrote:
Um, you might want to tone it down a bit... family-friendly atmosphere and whatnot.

Yeah, don't get too carried away, that's what the hentai forums are for.

Err, we have a hentai forum? Shocked
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ten wrote:

Yeah, I forget where but there's a notice that they're available by request only. Not that they have any posts, but then again there's only about 3 users who've requested access to them. Everyone else (besides the mods) can't see them.
Byakko
IRC Op Team

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maestro4k wrote:
Ten wrote:

Yeah, I forget where but there's a notice that they're available by request only. Not that they have any posts, but then again there's only about 3 users who've requested access to them. Everyone else (besides the mods) can't see them.

That's interesting.....o_O

Anyways, we should have an image dump thread here in the forums. XD

-you know you've watched too much anime when you know where all the references come from in Pani Poni Dash! Wink
TokenAsian
Most Likely to Spend Too Much

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, dump some AMG images, please? Razz
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Byakko wrote:
-you know you've watched too much anime when you know where all the references come from in Pani Poni Dash! Wink

Is that even humanly possible? There are so many in it! Shocked

Byakko wrote:
Anyways, we should have an image dump thread here in the forums. XD

I can add one if enough people want one, probably just make a forum for it and you can have threads per series.
Byakko
IRC Op Team

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maestro4k wrote:
Byakko wrote:

Is that even humanly possible? There are so many in it! Shocked

yes... Shocked I think I press "pause" like 100+ times per ep to find out and read the translator notes for the anime. But that's for the Oyasumi subs which put the notes in the screen. The gg sub group puts it in a separate pdf file, so you don't have to pause to read the notes. ^^;;
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Byakko wrote:
yes... Shocked I think I press "pause" like 100+ times per ep to find out and read the translator notes for the anime. But that's for the Oyasumi subs which put the notes in the screen. The gg sub group puts it in a separate pdf file, so you don't have to pause to read the notes. ^^;;

But that's not the same as knowing all the references on your own without notes. That's what I was asking if it was humanly possible. I doubt there are many people who've watched every single show that Pani-Poni Dash references/spoofs and can catch them as they watch. Smile

In fact I wouldn't be surprised if the fansub groups are still missing some even with the extensive notes. Very Happy
Byakko
IRC Op Team

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maestro4k wrote:
Byakko wrote:

But that's not the same as knowing all the references on your own without notes. That's what I was asking if it was humanly possible. I doubt there are many people who've watched every single show that Pani-Poni Dash references/spoofs and can catch them as they watch. Smile

In fact I wouldn't be surprised if the fansub groups are still missing some even with the extensive notes. Very Happy

Oyasumi seems to be really good at catching the references, but GG is missing alot. I wonder where Oyasumi gets their info. Shocked
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Byakko wrote:
Oyasumi seems to be really good at catching the references, but GG is missing alot. I wonder where Oyasumi gets their info. Shocked

I suspect they have multiple people helping catch them all. Smile The info on their forums about each character and everything is amazingly thorough! Shocked
Byakko
IRC Op Team

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maestro4k wrote:
Byakko wrote:

I suspect they have multiple people helping catch them all. Smile The info on their forums about each character and everything is amazingly thorough! Shocked

Actually, alot of the anime that they reference are old...like 80s and stuff. Does that mean there are old 30-40 year old otaku's that are in the fansubbing business? Shocked
kurogane
IRC Op Team

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I kinda prefer gg over oyasumi, since their encode is much more "cleaner", without putting in all the references in the episode itself, but putting them in to the .pdf file. Nontheless, I think I'll collect both versions, if gg decides to sub the 1st 10 episodes as well.

@Byakko: it's not that surprising, considering that anime has been an established industry since back in the 50's with Astroboy.
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Byakko wrote:
Actually, alot of the anime that they reference are old...like 80s and stuff. Does that mean there are old 30-40 year old otaku's that are in the fansubbing business? Shocked

I'm in my 30s and I started this site this year, so I wouldn't be surprised if there are 30-40yos fansubbing. Remember that the original fansubbers, the one who had to do it all on tapes from LD source (if they were lucky) would all be in the 30s and 40s now. Many of them were insanely dedicated to do what they did (it took a LOT more work than a digisub does) so I can easily see them still helping out nowadays. Smile
Byakko
IRC Op Team

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maestro4k wrote:
Byakko wrote:

I'm in my 30s and I started this site this year, so I wouldn't be surprised if there are 30-40yos fansubbing. Remember that the original fansubbers, the one who had to do it all on tapes from LD source (if they were lucky) would all be in the 30s and 40s now. Many of them were insanely dedicated to do what they did (it took a LOT more work than a digisub does) so I can easily see them still helping out nowadays. Smile

I give major props and honor to the 30-40 year olds still dedicated to anime. I hope I can grow up to be as cool as you guys are. Very Happy I know that my current anime addiction doesn't seem to be ending anytime soon, so it's encouraging to see that it doesn't end even when you get older. Smile

However....your future wife may not like it when you start collecting figurines of pretty anime girls.... Confused
kurogane
IRC Op Team

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, seriously anime has been such a big part of my life that I can't imagine living without it, even 50 years later. I'd probably still be watching anime well into my 60's, if I survive that long Smile.

@Byakko: It's kinda easy to solve that problem, marry an otaku wife Wink.
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Byakko wrote:
I give major props and honor to the 30-40 year olds still dedicated to anime. I hope I can grow up to be as cool as you guys are. Very Happy I know that my current anime addiction doesn't seem to be ending anytime soon, so it's encouraging to see that it doesn't end even when you get older. Smile

Well thank you but I don't terribly think I'm that cool, just a normal fan for the most part. (OK, so I did fansub distro for a while, I'm part of a (mostly defunct nowadays) manga scanslation group, and I started this site to host anime bloggers.... Maybe slightly crazier than normal. Laughing )

I don't think many people really get out of the addiction totally, they may slow down a bit, stop collecting so much, but they still watch at least some stuff. I was mostly out of the scene for about 2 years while broke and hunting for a job but got back into it quickly. Actually I have Matthew and other bloggers to thank for that as you helped me find out what new shows were interesting and had the most buzz about them. I used to know that regularly on my own but lost touch a bit over those two years. Embarassed

I don't see my anime & manga addiction going away though, even during that 2 year span I switched mainly to manga because of the smaller file sizes. In fact that's to blame for my addiction being both anime & manga now. Smile

Byakko wrote:
However....your future wife may not like it when you start collecting figurines of pretty anime girls.... Confused

Bah, just don't get married then. Razz Besides, I think any girl you start dating at this point's going to know you collect figurines of pretty anime girls already so it's likely not to be such an issue. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 7 of 15

Jump to: