AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index AnimeBlogger.net Forums
Anime/Manga Blogging Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

You know you've watched too much anime when..
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TokenAsian
Most Likely to Spend Too Much

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Menchi and Ryo-Ohki haunt your dreams.
kurogane
IRC Op Team

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- when you go to the department stores and visit the kid's clothing section and remark that the models aren't mo enough a bit too loudly casuing people to stare at you and think you might be some kind of pedophile.

P.S. : RL incident.
TL_chan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-You formulate blog entries in the shower
-Your convinced that all the video codecs you've downloaded to watch anime are taking up too much space on your hardrive
-You start speaking Japanese in normal conversations and then realize that the person you were speaking to probably didn't know what you were saying

These are some things I've done recently. Yeah, I need a life.
animeronin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kurogane wrote:
- when you go to the department stores and visit the kid's clothing section and remark that the models aren't mo enough a bit too loudly casuing people to stare at you and think you might be some kind of pedophile.

P.S. : RL incident.
LOL.

That makes me think that I myself may be slightly infected.

The number of times I glance (sometimes stare) at kids (especially girls) in cute clothes seems to increase by about 0.01%.
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

animeronin wrote:
That makes me think that I myself may be slightly infected.

The number of times I glance (sometimes stare) at kids (especially girls) in cute clothes seems to increase by about 0.01%.

I think super cuteness tends to attract most people's attention irregardless of age (well maybe not in Japan, cute stuff is everywhere so they may get used to it after a while.)

While I was in Japan I saw the most adorable little girl I've ever seen. She was at best in first grade, more likely kindergarten but whatever school she happened to go to actually had sailor-style uniforms for her age level. Add in the backpack and an adorable hat and she looked just like (an extremely adorable and cute) doll. I wanted to take a picture of her but my friend I was with told me not to. I don't think anyone would have minded though, this was at one of the platforms in one of the train stations in Tokyo. She seemed to be by herself waiting for her train to come by. (It was hard to tell as the platform was crowded and we didn't hang around to see if she was with someone.)

Frankly I don't think many people would not have noticed her, she was just too damned cute. Smile
TokenAsian

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all the pedophilia these days, it's best to leave children alone. Parents are touchy these days. Back in the day, parents would be glad to receive compliments about their children, now it just seems creepy.

And honestly, I don't like children. The saying goes that one likes all children except your own brats. Well, I just don't like people I can't reason with, especially kids.
Ten
IRC Op Team

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, the cute kids will always attract attention. Unfortunately, there are just too many creepy people running about in this world.

Although for me, cute or not, I cannot stand kids. Yet for some reason those that I encounter always try to cling to me. *shrug* Go figure.

And to add to the main topic:
- A random dude in another department knows you as the anime gal and asks for recomendations for his viewing habits.
TokenAsian

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-You try to go into Suncoast to browse "undercover," looking the least bit like an otaku as possible... and parents still ask you questions.
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TokenAsian wrote:
With all the pedophilia these days, it's best to leave children alone. Parents are touchy these days. Back in the day, parents would be glad to receive compliments about their children, now it just seems creepy.

Well this was in 2001, I think the hysteria was a bit less at the time but remember this was in Japan. Lusting after schoolgirls (of all ages) seems to be a national pasttime almost. Smile (No offense intended, I'm fully aware not everyone in Japan is like that but it is more tolerated than in the US. Razz)

TokenAsian wrote:
And honestly, I don't like children. The saying goes that one likes all children except your own brats. Well, I just don't like people I can't reason with, especially kids.

Scarily enough I find most kids easier to reason with than my adult coworkers (who are around the same age as I am). THen again I don't have to deal with kids a lot. Smile
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And to add a few more to the list:
  • You check the book section at Wal-mart every time you go shopping at one to see if they may have decided to carry some more manga dirt cheap.
  • Same thing as above only with anime DVDs. (I got 2-3 volumes of uncut Sailor Moon for $9.44 each over the past 2-3 years.)
  • You're having a minor surgery that's going to keep you in bed resting for 3-4 days and borrow a long ethernet cable at work so you can use your laptop in bed to watch anime fansubs & DVDs. (To be fair the cable I did have broke and I can't get a replacement at a reasonable price before the surgery this Friday.)
  • Some of your favorite Christmas songs are from anime series and song entirely in Japanese (which you don't understand). Embarassed
  • You're a channel OP in two (or more) different anime related IRC channels.
TokenAsian

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-You refer to your significant other as "my goddess."
-Your significant other is an AMG fan.
-Previously mentioned significant other is okay with Belldandy as "competition."

Feh, I used to babysit for some Chinese people. Some kid at random started running towards me, rammed me in the stomach, and bounced off... why, I have no idea.
Vinn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm how about:

- Your mp3 player has nothing but anime op/ed and you did think it's strange to put any english songs in it.
- Your tempted to buy PS2 imported anime based games even though you know you won't understand a word of it.

Like the Eva game that came out earlier this year that I bought.....

I still really can't figure out what to do in that game lol.
TokenAsian

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kill Angels and whine about it.
kurogane
IRC Op Team

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vinn wrote:

- Your mp3 player has nothing but anime op/ed and you did think it's strange to put any english songs in it.

I didn't Wink .

More for the list:

- During SnS episode 04, you actually pay attention to Alastor during the Shana changing scene because you've watched more risqu fanservice than that.
DiGiKerot

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vinn wrote:
Hmm how about:

- Your tempted to buy PS2 imported anime based games even though you know you won't understand a word of it.

Like the Eva game that came out earlier this year that I bought.....

I still really can't figure out what to do in that game lol.

I have a few of those - the first Negima game (be meaning to get the second - it was pretty good fun), RahXephon (very like Zone of the Enders, but with adventure bits with scary amounts of voice dialogue), all three Gunslinger Girl games (shooter, admittedly), three Full Metal Alchemist games (two of the Squenix ones, plus the tag team fighter Bandai released), Macross (neat but short flight sim thing by Sega), two Naruto fighters, one One Piece, Initial D, one of the Prince of Tennis games, My-HiME (not vaguely surprising that one) and probably some other stuff I'm forgetting...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 4 of 15

Jump to: