AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index AnimeBlogger.net Forums
Anime/Manga Blogging Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

You know you've watched too much anime when..
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kurogane
IRC Op Team

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it shld be, granted that that is usually on the first page of any "You know you've watched too much anime..." threads.
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TokenAsian wrote:
"Ouch my butt hurts?"

Yaoi paddles...

A connection? Shocked

You know, I hadn't thought of that, but considering the actual phrase is "Stop, my butt hurts!" it makes way too much sense. Shocked

To be fair that translation is from a backronym (an acroynym fitted to the word after it already existed) but it's still funny, more details on it here. You can click on Yaoi there to get the full article and find out that the real acronym "is derived from the phrase 「ヤマなし、オチなし、意味なし」 ( yama nashi, ochi nashi, imi nashi ), meaning "no climax, no punch line, no meaning."

Personally I think the backronym fits better. Laughing

TokenAsian wrote:
I got my girlfriend SpySweeper for Christmas. I'm a practical kind of guy.

You know you could have gotten her something else and just helped her get Spybot Search & Destroy running for free. Smile Then she'd have gotten the anti-spyware and something else! (And you certainly could have gotten something else practical as well. Very Happy )

Ten wrote:
Maestro4k wrote:
Good point, although I think I'd be more likely to take it away from them and whack them with it after the first couple of times. Razz

Then again they might like that and I'm not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing. Embarassed Guess it depends on the girl. Wink

Good answer. Hehe. Wink

Laughing

Ten wrote:
I think that's quite fine. Although I can see some of my friends that would grumble at the thought. *shrugs* I had an ex-bf who bought me an internal HD one time for Christmas. I remember being rather pleased. Smile

I think most anime fans would be delighted with a hard drive, more space to store anime downloads! Very Happy

Byakko wrote:
-you don't feel attracted to real life girls anymore because anime females are so much more perfect, prettier, nice personalities, and have that cute japanese voice to top it all off.

And going along with that:
  • You're really dissapointed to find out the seiyuu for your favorite female anime character isn't anywhere near as cute as the character she voices.
  • You're dissapointed when your favorite mangaka (of the opposite sex, or same sex if you swing that way) gets married.
TokenAsian
Most Likely to Spend Too Much

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maestro4k wrote:

TokenAsian wrote:

You know you could have gotten her something else and just helped her get Spybot Search & Destroy running for free. Smile Then she'd have gotten the anti-spyware and something else! (And you certainly could have gotten something else practical as well. Very Happy )
Maestro4k wrote:

• You're really dissapointed to find out the seiyuu for your favorite female anime character isn't anywhere near as cute as the character she voices.

Oh well, her computer was especially infested. The free ones didn't cut it anymore.

Kikuko Inoue looks exactly like the Japanese language professor at our university. Not to mention they talk with the same mannerisms.
Byakko
IRC Op Team

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TokenAsian wrote:
Maestro4k wrote:

TokenAsian wrote:

Maestro4k wrote:

Oh well, her computer was especially infested. The free ones didn't cut it anymore.

Kikuko Inoue looks exactly like the Japanese language professor at our university. Not to mention they talk with the same mannerisms.

You could have reformated her computer and saved the money. Also, the pluis side is that you'll get to spend a few hours with her. =)
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TokenAsian wrote:

If it was so bad that things like Spybot Search & Destroy and Hijack This! couldn't fix it then it needs to be reformatted and reinstalled from scratch, Spy Sweeper's not going to fix everything. Not trying to slam Spy Sweeper but we deal with this at work all the time and when the above two programs fail it's hopeless.

Keep in mind that this means that you have to consider the system compromised, so please, please make sure she doesn't use it to buy anything online or do banking/etc. until it's been reinstalled, she may get her info stolen! Sad

When you do get to redo it be sure to put Spybot Search & Destroy on there and have TeaTimer run and immunize. It's great for catching most rogue installs. Smile Get the paid version and I think you can have it auto-update definitions as well!

If you need a good free anti-virus program try Avast!, it's the best free one I've used and updates quite regularly (not just definitions but the core program as well!) Very Happy

TokenAsian wrote:

I think I'd be drooling too much in class to learn anything. Embarassed
Wyk72

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to geek, but lately I am finding MUCH satisfaction with this:

www.pcbsd.org

It's still 1.0, but it's the FIRST "alternative" o.s. I find really useful even for "normal" users. Installation of software cant't be simpler, the GUI is the beautiful (a bit heavy, tho') KDE.

And goodbye virus/spyware/adware/Xware.

Woah...off topic. Gomennasai.
TokenAsian

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me rephrase that... a considerably older Kikuko Inoue lookalike.

Nah, I do all her online shopping for her anyway. I have no confidence in my PC repair skills either.
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wyk72 wrote:
www.pcbsd.org

It's still 1.0, but it's the FIRST "alternative" o.s. I find really useful even for "normal" users. Installation of software cant't be simpler, the GUI is the beautiful (a bit heavy, tho') KDE.

I'll take a look at it sometime but I really wish everyone in the open source community would get over their love affair with KDE. I KDE, the virtual windows manager is horrid and to me that's extremely important! (I have a better VWM for Windows for crying out loud!) Sorry, just had to say it, I'm getting driven nuts by it of late. Sad

TokenAsian wrote:
Let me rephrase that... a considerably older Kikuko Inoue lookalike.

Ahh well, so maybe not drool then, unless you like considerably older women. Razz

TokenAsian wrote:
Nah, I do all her online shopping for her anyway. I have no confidence in my PC repair skills either.

Umm, then it's even more important you don't leave her PC as is, it's in deep trouble already. Shocked Seriously it's not that hard, back up all her data onto CDs or DVDs (or even a portable hard drive), make sure you have copies of all software she needs ready (that goes for CD-based software), make sure you have all the serial numbers for all software (both CD-based and downloaded), then reinstall from the restore CD that came with her PC. Make sure you're behind a router/firewall though, Windows PCs get infected faster than you can download the updates for them anymore. Once you get all the updates installed and the firewall active then reinstall her software, then copy back over her data. She'll have to spend a bit of time to reset the appearance to her liking but that's a small price to pay for the increased stability and security. Smile

Be sure to put Spybot Search & Destroy on it and set TeaTimer to run to watch for stuff along with a good antivirus program. Smile
Asakomi
Global Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spybot's teatimer has saved my bacon more than once. I love that thing!

On another note.. mmmm.. bacon
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asakomi wrote:
Spybot's teatimer has saved my bacon more than once. I love that thing!

It's amazing to see the stupid things Windows does too, when I run a search TeaTimer pops up to alert me a change where Windows tries to make a registry setting change. Why the hell does it need to change the registry to do a freaking search? Shocked I always deny it and it still works fine so obviously it's yet more stupid coding by Microsoft.

Asakomi wrote:
On another note.. mmmm.. bacon

Sounds good to me, and with all the ready to eat bacon nowadays it's even easy to have some. Very Happy
TokenAsian

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I'll give it a shot. Have to get HER permission first.

Teatimer...? Er, I don't see it on Spybot.
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TokenAsian wrote:
Okay, I'll give it a shot. Have to get HER permission first.

Good deal. Smile

TokenAsian wrote:
Teatimer...? Er, I don't see it on Spybot.

IIRC it asks you during the install if you want to enable it and calls it TeaTimer. It actually shows up in the system tray as an icon that says "Spybot-SD Resident" for me.
Asakomi
Global Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always wondered, what does IIRC mean.. ?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asakomi wrote:
I've always wondered, what does IIRC mean.. ?

Oops, I try to remember to type that one out since it's not as well known. Embarassed

It means "If I Recall Correctly". Smile
TokenAsian

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IS THAT WHAT IT MEANS?!! Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 10 of 15

Jump to: