AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index AnimeBlogger.net Forums
Anime/Manga Blogging Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Share, Japanese p2p program

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Omni
Global Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: Share, Japanese p2p program Reply with quote

Here is the main sources I used:
AR Share FAQ
English patch
Supplementary FAQ/Links
Node list
Share download link
You'll have to register for the AR forums to read the thread. I'll copy here the major points, with my notes added below.

Quote:
Lets start: 1. Get the Program
http://www.uguu.org/share/ <-- Great site which leads you to updates and other sites AS WELL as NODE SITES which are updated daily.

http://f35.aaa.livedoor.jp/~exec/ <-- best site just the Share program and the Locale.txt file ( which gives SHARE the ENGLISH INTERFACE)

The latest version of Share is A82, as far as I can tell. I got my version of Share off Winny (ironically). The link I put at the top works too. The faqs all say that the best way to get Share is off of Share, lol.

Quote:
2. Setup Your Pc
This small step just requires u to install the Easter LAnguages on ur pc and activate regional support. This is nothing major it will not cuz any changes almost and u can turn it on and off any time. This will also let u READ japanese sites ao u can copy and paste names/letters for your Cluster words and search words in Share.
http://greggman.com/japan/xp-ime/xp-ime.htm <--- Follow the steps up until the part about Text Services and Input Languages. Don't forget to press apply Very Happy . (this step is IMPORTANT if u want to get what u WANT, without this step it is basically nothing else to do but to look for links people might post some where)

This is an important step if you don't already use Winny/don't have it configured. I run Winny, so I had this already done.

Quote:
Unrar/unzip.
Replace the locale.txt file with the english one.
Make a txt file int eh same folder by doing Right click --> New -> Text Doc. NAme it Nodes. Go to any 3 sites from uguu.org/share and copy and pasty them into the Nodes.txt file and save.
Make 3 new folders in the Share folder name them Cache, Download, Upload. ( there is a reason for these)
Start Share. Go to top left corner and click General -> Network and put ur Send limit ( upload) and Recieve(d/l). For port put anynumber like 1.
Go to top corner again and click Filter and take filter off.
Next click on the Nodes Tab and click Add Node -> Load from file and select ur Nodes.txt. Then highlight them and press ADD. It will connect automatically.
NExt click the FOlder Tab then Add FOlder. For each folder u made new, asigne each my rigthful name Upload, Cache, Downlaod.

Use a port in the 5 digits; anything above 1000 should be fine.
The most important thing here is the Nodes.txt. Do what is said above using the link I provided at the top. However, you'll notice that A) the nodes don't show up immediately and B) Nothing happens when you highlight the nodelist and press add. Something is actually happening. If you press "Show Sleep Nodes", it'll show a lot of "Sleep" nodes. This is a good sign.

Quote:
For the CLuster keywords u could use www.Altavista.com (creat site) and use teh translation system they have to trnslate from english to japanese and vesversa. Or u can search japanese sites like Yahoo.co.jp and google.co.jp for keywords from sites.
I will help you get started with some keywords i use:
18禁アニメ = Anime for people over the age of 18. ( hentai movies)
18禁ゲーム = Games for people over the age of 18. ( hentai games)
同人 = Member
同人誌 = Member Magazine ( mosly for douijins)
成年コミック = Lawful age comic ( For any/ MOST manga/comics)
商業誌 = Commerce Magazine
一般コミック = General comic (Normal Manga)
同人CG集 = CG Collection/packs

I used アニメ and 一般コミック for anime and manga, respectively. Once you input those and select highlight them, press Connect and you should be on your way.

As it says on the http://www.uguu.org/share/ page, it's probably most advisable to use both Winny and Share, switching off when one doesn't seem to turn up as much. I personally haven't given Share a thorough using yet, so I don't know how good it is.
Matthew
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's working fine for me Smile Got results for most of things I normally search for.

btw, if you're behind a router/firewall you'll have to open up the port you specified in the configuration, otherwise it won't work.
bluemist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My biggest problem with Share is that I can't configure my max upload speeds to be less than 50kB/s. I only have max 20kB/s of upload, anything higher will affect my download speed already.

Any solutions on that?

That aside, great program along with Winny. On my system Share has more search results, but when it comes to raw anime Winny seems to have the latest episodes faster.
Jehuty

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
In Japan, high speed Internet is more readily available than in most of Western Europe and North America. For this reason the minimum upload and download limits are set to 50 KB/s. Also, the cache system requires around 4 GB of free space at any given time to store cached downloads. This might be inconvenient for people with small hard drives.

Ugh upload speed has to be 50KB/s I can't even upload more than 10KB/s max.. >.<
Tensai

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking of delving into this, but really am looking for older shows...

How extensive is time-frame of shows that are up. Could I find for example, say episodes of Shurato or Sonic Soldier Borgman? (late 80's)

Also would be interested if they had things like the Oricon Weekly packs, which seem to show up so rarely on sites out here.

-Tensai
Omni
Global Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried searching for Shurato for you, but it didn't return any hits. I think anything back in the VHS age is a bit too dated, unless it's had a recent DVD release.
As for weekly oricon packs, stuff like that is very findable if you search long enough. Pretty much anything that's an up to date, weekly type thing can be found.
As a footnote, I haven't had nearly as much success with Share as I've had with Winny, so I'm still using winny all the time.
Tensai

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info...

Yeah, I was kind of hoping that some of the LD stuff may have made it out there somewhere. Then again, half of my collection from then has since succumbed to laser rot, so it's probably the same everywhere. Glad I decided to get a lot of the stuff backed up to VHS.

I just wanted to get an idea before I started tackling the project of getting it installed. Most of what I'm getting now, I'm happy to pick up once it hits the non-Japanese sites. Still video and music shows were always something I enjoyed watching back then, and maybe I can get some more Ai no Epuron.

-Tenzai
Omni
Global Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, I have a ton of Ai no Epuron from winny...
Tensai

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it took a little doing but I got it up and running. Winny is only launching, think I have issues with the noderef file (not sure how to get the latest one, but I'm not digging around just yet)

For Share, what is a good cluster word for Ai no Epuron? I don't seem to be getting too many results just yet. Update: My bad... windows IME is a bit tweakier than my Mac. Working now.

Thanks for the great guide, it helped a great deal.

-Tenzai
Omni
Global Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something I've been noticing when using Winny (so I'm not sure if this applies to Share):
The more specific you are in a search, the more likely you'll get a result. This sounds backwords, and it's wierd. Also, the more widespread your search is, the more likely you'll get a result.
For instance, one time I was searching for "YUKI ドラマチック" looking for the PV. It didn't turn up a hit for the longest time. I finally added another search "YUKI ドラマチック PV" and it immediately gave me not one, but two hits.
Another example: I was searching for Da Capo S.S episode 04. My normal search of "D.C.S.S" was not turning up any episode fours. So I inputted "D.C" and it turned it a ton of Da Capo season one stuff...and a lot of Da Capo season two stuff. When I reclicked my "D.C.S.S" search, two episode fours had appeared.
I'm not quite sure how Winny works, but it has been my experience that searching as much as you can using as many keywords as you can think of is most beneficial. Hope that helps.
bluemist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I noticed with Winny:

Winny is constantly cycling through nodes to do the searches. Sometimes those items randomly appear and disappear all of the sudden. My experience is that the more un-specific your search, the more results you have. Same instance, I search for D.C., I get a lot of Da Capo stuff, 'including' the second season. I search for D.C.S.S., and the the 'same' second season stuff appear as in the D.C. search.

I wanna ask the users of Winny and Share though:
Do your downloads stop frequently?

I see my downloading stop for a long while and resume afterwards. It doesn't do a continuous download connection.
Omni
Global Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really fluctuates. This afternoon, when I was getting DCSS 04, the episode would start and stop, start and stop, never going for more than like 20kbps (annoying the crap out of me). At the same time, when I found the CHEMISTRY PV, it started downloading immediately and kept going the entire time at a strong 100kbps.
Maybe you've had bad luck connecting to other people?
bluemist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omni wrote:
It really fluctuates. This afternoon, when I was getting DCSS 04, the episode would start and stop, start and stop, never going for more than like 20kbps (annoying the crap out of me). At the same time, when I found the CHEMISTRY PV, it started downloading immediately and kept going the entire time at a strong 100kbps.
Maybe you've had bad luck connecting to other people?

Hmm... maybe the more popular the file the faster the download, which of course makes sense in any P2P app.

Anyway, nice to hear that I'm not alone in the start and stop d/ls, thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: