AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index AnimeBlogger.net Forums
Anime/Manga Blogging Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

R1 keeps slapping me. What about you?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

muhootsaver wrote:
Hmm, I wonder why r1 distributors cant just use the same r2 video source. For r3 korean releases, they use the same video source and add one more audio channel (korean dub). So, excuses like, we cannot use the same video source because we have to add an audio track, wouldn't really work.

I don't know, they ultimately take it from the same original materials, apparently they reencode it for R1s though. This may be a licensing issue actually, I doubt anyone besides those working for the US anime companies know for sure.

muhootsaver wrote:
I guess the advantage of r1 release is that its cheap? especially considering the ep count. A lot of japanese dvds have just 2 eps per disc...

They tend to look incredible too at least. A lot of times we do get lots of episodes per disc but the encoding is so crappy it wasn't worth the lower cost. There's got to be a happy medium in there somewhere. Smile

muhootsaver wrote:
and I really do think its about time for japanese ppl to add proper english subtitles for their releases!!

It's been done occasionally, I remember the R2 release of Animation Runner Kuromi had English subtitles. The thing is they're often not very good, they're much like the spoken English dialogue in anime tends to be -- Engrish. Anime Big Smile with Sweatdrop
jpmeyer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
They tend to look incredible too at least. A lot of times we do get lots of episodes per disc but the encoding is so crappy it wasn't worth the lower cost. There's got to be a happy medium in there somewhere.

Well, then there also are discs like Fruits Basket which not only look great but have like 6 episodes per disc. So potentially rather than a "happy medium", we can get both Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: