AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index AnimeBlogger.net Forums
Anime/Manga Blogging Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hosting Questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cyw1988

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello guys i am new here... i've done some blogging at blogger before but i find it not really flexible.... so anybody can recommend me some programs?? and if it is possible i would really like to join this anime/manga portal..... Wink
TokenAsian
Most Likely to Spend Too Much

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, I'd like to switch to being hosted here soon. It just sounds so sweet...
cyw1988

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know u guys may not know me well.. but i promise to abide by the rules and not do anything illegal so if it is possible pls accept me... ^_^ if u guys would help me host and stuff just drop me a mail and then we can discuss the terms and conditions.. hehe Wink
moyism
Graphics Virtuoso & IRC Op Team

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cyw1988, PM Maestro for more information about being hosted on animeblogger k? Wink
cyw1988

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no problem moyism..

offtopic: i really liked both your blogs... has great layout and nice pictures...keep up the good work Wink
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TokenAsian wrote:
Hehe, I'd like to switch to being hosted here soon. It just sounds so sweet...

PM me or E-mail me if you want hosting. We're not ready to launch yet but I'm doing some case-by-case for now.
Modab

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject: I'm feeling stupid Reply with quote

Ok, I feel a little dumb, because I've just spent a week or so putting together a new website called.... "Anime Bloggers"
and yes, that was way before I researched you guys a bit more.
I guess I knew there was a animeblogger.net site, but it honestly looks like a failed attempt, and I had no idea until I read through your forum a bit that you were planning the exact same thing I was planning.

So, I don't really want to stop working on my site. Heck, if I'm being honest I don't really mind competing against you guys Wink. However, I don't want to be mean-spirited about it, and I wasn't trying to steal or fake your name.

I couldn't think of a better name for my site, which is a collection of my own anime reviews and my friends anime reviews, and also links to other blogs and their anime reviews. I am not trying to host other people's sites like you guys are. You're probably also going to do other advance stuff that I'm not doing.

Any way to resolve this equitably?
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: I'm feeling stupid Reply with quote

Modab wrote:
Ok, I feel a little dumb, because I've just spent a week or so putting together a new website called.... "Anime Bloggers"
and yes, that was way before I researched you guys a bit more.
I guess I knew there was a animeblogger.net site, but it honestly looks like a failed attempt, and I had no idea until I read through your forum a bit that you were planning the exact same thing I was planning.

So, I don't really want to stop working on my site. Heck, if I'm being honest I don't really mind competing against you guys Wink. However, I don't want to be mean-spirited about it, and I wasn't trying to steal or fake your name.

I couldn't think of a better name for my site, which is a collection of my own anime reviews and my friends anime reviews, and also links to other blogs and their anime reviews. I am not trying to host other people's sites like you guys are. You're probably also going to do other advance stuff that I'm not doing.

Any way to resolve this equitably?

I don't see what the problem is. I refer to the site as AnimeBlogger.net for a reason, animeblogger.com is already taken but not in use. It's been that way for months, so I made sure to use a name that I could differentiate and avoid potential legal problems. Of course I hope to end up buying that domain when it expires, but that may not happen. In any case I've got my legal bases covered.

What you're doing is different than what we're going to end up with really. We will probably have reviews on the main site, but they'll be done by a featured blogger in the community each week or so. The anime database we're building is one that's more appropriate for bloggers, and fills a niche not already filled as well.

In some ways what you say you're doing and we're doing can be mutually beneficial, you can promote our site to those wanting to set up blogs for instance, we can link to your site as part of the community, things like that.

Again I'm not really sure what you mean by settle this equitably. Are you hoping we can join forces somehow? I don't have anything against that necessarily, depending on your plans/etc. Feel free to contact me by E-mail to talk about this more, that's a more appropriate place for it. You can find my E-mail over on my blog at http://maestro.animeblogger.net/ That one's spamproofed so it's simpler to link there and avoid spam. Smile
Kamiyu Bidan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone, kinda new here, and I'm also into anime blogging as well. That's a pretty nifty idea, making a sort of portal for the anime blogging community. Might just be what we all need, hehe.

Well, I've been a Blogger user for quite some time now. Dunno much about coding, so I figured I'd just try to build and crack Blogger's restrictive template. So far, it's working out pretty fine... I'm not really the fanciful type to put a ton of code (not that I know a ton) on my blogs anyway, hahaha.

OT: Came to the forums by way of Satoshi's anime blog. Surprised to see that my favorite anime bloggers are here too! Hello y'all!
Willuknight
IRC Op Team

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting topic here Smile

I'm using blogger at the moment, and don't have any experiance with anything else. There are quite a few features of WordPress that i find very tempting however.

With regard to lack of categories, on blogger, how i got around this was to use Javascrip dropdown menus contraining links to the posts.

On my blog, i have 3 (for now) drop down menus; Previews, Reviews and Blog'd Episodes.

While i'm sure its not as good as WP, it does seem to work as a navigational system and it allows readers to quickly find past posts. The only downside is that i have to edit my template each time i want to add an item to the menu.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: