AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index AnimeBlogger.net Forums
Anime/Manga Blogging Forums
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Xenosaga Stuff
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> Gaming Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
love a riddle



Joined: 22 Dec 2005
Posts: 34
Location: Orange County

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my... they made a Xenosaga thread and only one perosn told me about it? For shame! Well, I'm too lazy to read through everything, so if some of this is repetetive I ask for your forgiveness.

Xenosaga II sold /really/ poorly, and they cut down the six-epsiode series to three episodes. So the next game will be the last one, according to Namco and Monolith. There has also been some concerns and issues with the masterminds behind the plot and story, namely Tetsuya Takahashi and his wife Soraya Saga. Takahashi and Saga wrote the original scripts, but they were asked to leave the project after Episode II and their script has undergone heavy modification; Episode II is only about half of what it should've been, plot-wise.

Xenosaga DS is Xenosaga I+II, and is a slight retelling of Xenosaga I and II in order to "prepare" people for the upcoming Episode III. The DS will have a password-exchange system with Xenosaga III. The DS isn't just a retelling, but is sticking closer with the original script, as we get to see an adult Citrine (who was cut out of Episode II) and such. It also has Albedo meeting with a Kirschwasser, possibly a scenario much like the events in the anime.

Pied Piper (http://zarathustra.kaisho.org/ - unofficial complete translation) is Ziggy's backstory, cut from Episode II as well. I recommend reading it; it actually makes me like him now.

It seems like Xenosaga III will have most of the story take place through in-game text, rather than spoken dialouge and cutscenes. With this, they're finally able to fit more gameplay in, and finish the goshdarned thing.

The anime... man, I liked it a lot. The designs took a little getting used to, but I loved the series. Kirschwasser rox sox.
_________________
Love A. Riddle
Soldier of Love
First Class Special Duty (restricted)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Maestro4k
Site Admin


Joined: 04 Jun 2005
Posts: 1397

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

love a riddle wrote:
Xenosaga II sold /really/ poorly, and they cut down the six-epsiode series to three episodes. So the next game will be the last one, according to Namco and Monolith. There has also been some concerns and issues with the masterminds behind the plot and story, namely Tetsuya Takahashi and his wife Soraya Saga. Takahashi and Saga wrote the original scripts, but they were asked to leave the project after Episode II and their script has undergone heavy modification; Episode II is only about half of what it should've been, plot-wise.

I knew about all that, and I understand a lot of people are worried about Ep. III story-wise because of Takahasi & Saga's lack of involvement with it. Sad

love a riddle wrote:
Xenosaga DS is Xenosaga I+II, and is a slight retelling of Xenosaga I and II in order to "prepare" people for the upcoming Episode III. The DS will have a password-exchange system with Xenosaga III. The DS isn't just a retelling, but is sticking closer with the original script, as we get to see an adult Citrine (who was cut out of Episode II) and such. It also has Albedo meeting with a Kirschwasser, possibly a scenario much like the events in the anime.

Well hell, now I'm wanting to play it for the extra stuff and the passwords. Shocked

love a riddle wrote:
Pied Piper (http://zarathustra.kaisho.org/ - unofficial complete translation) is Ziggy's backstory, cut from Episode II as well. I recommend reading it; it actually makes me like him now.

I already liked Ziggy, he's really nice to MOMO so that wins him big points with me. Very Happy

love a riddle wrote:
It seems like Xenosaga III will have most of the story take place through in-game text, rather than spoken dialouge and cutscenes. With this, they're finally able to fit more gameplay in, and finish the goshdarned thing.

I just hope the resolve all the plot threads, I want to know what all is really going on. Smile

love a riddle wrote:
The anime... man, I liked it a lot. The designs took a little getting used to, but I loved the series. Kirschwasser rox sox.

Kirschwassers are really cute, that's for sure. Smile I liked how the 100-series Realians acted when MOMO first came on board to the Durandal and they got to meet her, that was cute. Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
TokenAsian
Most Likely to Spend Too Much


Joined: 15 Jun 2005
Posts: 1417
Location: Lehigh University

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maestro4k wrote:
Kirschwassers are really cute, that's for sure. Smile I liked how the 100-series Realians acted when MOMO first came on board to the Durandal and they got to meet her, that was cute. Very Happy




Rolling Eyes

The subtitles... Razz
_________________
Secretary of the Anime Club of Lehigh University (ACLU?)
Please visit my Anime Blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Maestro4k
Site Admin


Joined: 04 Jun 2005
Posts: 1397

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TokenAsian wrote:
Maestro4k wrote:
Kirschwassers are really cute, that's for sure. Smile I liked how the 100-series Realians acted when MOMO first came on board to the Durandal and they got to meet her, that was cute. Very Happy




Rolling Eyes

The subtitles... Razz

Well that establishes where your mind was during that scene. Razz

And the Kirschwassers are still cute, those aren't the Kirschwassers though. Smile Finding screenshots of them is proving difficult. Searching made me remember that one of the extra items added to the first game for Xenosaga Ep. 1 Reloaded was a way to have MOMO in a Kirschwasser outfit. Now that'd be cute. Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
TokenAsian
Most Likely to Spend Too Much


Joined: 15 Jun 2005
Posts: 1417
Location: Lehigh University

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, this screencap has been beaten to death by various anime humor threads. I'm only prolonging the joke.
_________________
Secretary of the Anime Club of Lehigh University (ACLU?)
Please visit my Anime Blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Maestro4k
Site Admin


Joined: 04 Jun 2005
Posts: 1397

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TokenAsian wrote:
Actually, this screencap has been beaten to death by various anime humor threads. I'm only prolonging the joke.

It is pretty bad on the subber's part to not add a few more words to that line or shorten it and add them to the next. Then again the first they probably noticed it was when it started showing up on forums. Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kaspar
Coding Guru


Joined: 22 Dec 2005
Posts: 55
Location: Canada

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah heh, funny how these caps can be when taken out of context. I've seen some more intense ones though Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Maestro4k
Site Admin


Joined: 04 Jun 2005
Posts: 1397

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaspar wrote:
yeah heh, funny how these caps can be when taken out of context. I've seen some more intense ones though Smile

There was a scene in Mai-Otome with Mashiro on top of Arika that the subs came out really hilarious here just recently. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
RomanMtz



Joined: 02 Aug 2006
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DiGiKerot wrote:
If those are the ones I'm thinking of, its probably better anyway since the movie disk, whilst 4 1/2 hours long, still cuts out loads and doesn't have any of the game segments in it.

Maestro4k wrote:

I'm pretty sure it's the ones you're thinking of, they used to have a website you could download them from and it was a big project (I forget what the name of it was). They do have all those game segments. While I haven't watched the movie disc I was concerned about it being only 4.5 hours since I knew there were far more hours of just straight cinematics than that, much less the gameplay segments, some of which are absolutely vital. *sigh*


Does anyone know where I can get a hold of those videos of the gameplay and cutscenes for Xenosaga Episode I? I want to watch them before playing Episode II instead of playing the game all over again. Thanks in advance!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> Gaming Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 23 SQL queries
  Username:    Password:      Remember me