AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index AnimeBlogger.net Forums
Anime/Manga Blogging Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

E-mail Delivery Problems to yahoo.com Addresses

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: E-mail Delivery Problems to yahoo.com Addresses Reply with quote

It's come to my attention that Yahoo! is deleting at least some E-mails from AnimeBlogger.net addresses. I've tested this personally and the E-mail never bounces and never arrives, it's simply deleted without warning by Yahoo's mail servers.

While we'll certainly contact them about this, they (and many other free E-mail services) are fairly notorious for being hard to work with. It's quite likely that they're doing this to all E-mail sent by any site my hosting provider hosts so I'll contact them about it. Yahoo! will be more inclined to listen to them.

In the meantime, we have no way to respond to your E-mail if you're using a yahoo.com E-mail address. Please use an alternate address if you need to reach us.

There are a few people who have contacted me this week about hosting using yahoo.com addresses. I have replied to your E-mails, but you most likely never received my replies. You can check your bulk folder to see if it's there but in my testing the E-mails are deleted, not put into the bulk folder.

Last edited by Maestro4k on Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
moyism
Graphics Virtuoso & IRC Op Team

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've double checked the bulk folder right? I know with the hosting company I work with, a majority of messages sent from our mail servers automatically gets junked there =/
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moyism wrote:
You've double checked the bulk folder right? I know with the hosting company I work with, a majority of messages sent from our mail servers automatically gets junked there =/

Yep, they're not even making it to the bulk folder, also not bouncing with any errors, they just vanish.
moyism
Graphics Virtuoso & IRC Op Team

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maestro4k wrote:
moyism wrote:

Yep, they're not even making it to the bulk folder, also not bouncing with any errors, they just vanish.
Dang, that's horrible. They should at least give you a bounceback of some sort!
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moyism wrote:
Dang, that's horrible. They should at least give you a bounceback of some sort!

I agree, it was hard to figure out what was going on which is why I finally had to create an account with them and just flat out try it to see. I was a bit surprised they were deleting them without warning or allowing the user to decide if they were spam or not. I tried sending from a few other accounts and some went into bulk, some inbox but all arrived, only the ones from animeblogger.net were deleted. Sad
1sh0t2killz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ummm i just registerd earlier 2day and i didnt see dis topic b4 Very Happy

but i used my yahoo e-mail address and it didnt seem 2 have gotten deleted 4 me Very Happy
Kaspar
Coding Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1sh0t2killz wrote:

but i used my yahoo e-mail address and it didnt seem 2 have gotten deleted 4 me Very Happy

Hello, I recommend you remove your signature's images before Maestro kills you. Wink
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1sh0t2killz wrote:

Well that's good to know, at least it's not all of them. Maybe they've fixed it.

BTW, you need to read the forum rules. You were violating this one: "Signatures are allowed but no images are allowed in them. If you have an image in your signature a moderator will ask you to remove it. If you don't, your account will be removed." I deleted your signature already though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: