AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index AnimeBlogger.net Forums
Anime/Manga Blogging Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Creating Layout for Site...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
x_jygrace_x

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 8:29 am    Post subject: Creating Layout for Site... Reply with quote

Sad I'm new here...(well not THAT new...just...I haven't been using this place for a long time) and I need help in trying to put up my layout. I've been working on a different layout on Photoshop, but now I don't know how to get rid of the layout I have right now on my site that I've just been given. Anyone know how to remove the default layouts of animeblogger and know how to put up their own, PLEASE HELP ME!!! Crying or Very sad
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not an expert with Word Press Themes by any means but I can tell you that you're not going to be able to export what you have in Photoshop directly into a theme that's usable by Word Press. You'll have to build the structure of the site with HTML, PHP and CSS and use those to display your images you build in Photoshop.

The default Word Press theme has ~15 seperate files that build all its elements. It's also damn near impossible to modify. The theme I use on my blog (a modified Journalized Sand) only uses 7 and is much easier to deal with. Many of the additional themes we install for you are also much easier to modify than the default Word Press one.

You'll learn a lot by taking one of the themes and modifying and seeing how your changes affect the site layout. Pick one that has a layout close to what you want your final site to look like, then work on modifying that theme until you can get it to look like you want it to. Trying to build a theme from scratch is really not possible for most beginners and will be incredibly frustrating.
x_jygrace_x

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doumo arigatou!~ Wink I'll try that....^_^
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: