AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index AnimeBlogger.net Forums
Anime/Manga Blogging Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do I register to AnimeBlogger Antenna
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moyism
Graphics Virtuoso & IRC Op Team

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

random comment, I remember when I had certain plugins installed on my old anime blog the RSS feeds would not work anymore. I suggest deactiving all your plugins (maybe except for like comment spamming) and see what happens afterwards.
TL_chan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kliu wrote:
Just wondering, does Wordpress' BadBehaviour plugin affect the feed in any way?

Interestingly, that plugin blocked my blog from getting on the antenna. It still worked with blogsuki. Once I removed it, my posts started to appear there again.
Faust721

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I messed up trying to apply for the antenna. I didnt know what I was doing and did it anyways. Can you guys help? Like what to do exactly. Thanks
moyism

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Faust721 wrote:
I think I messed up trying to apply for the antenna. I didnt know what I was doing and did it anyways. Can you guys help? Like what to do exactly. Thanks
I'm pretty positive you just need to fill out the form. Alternatively, you can PM/email either Maestro or Matthew.

Hope that helps!
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Faust721 wrote:

You go to this page to sumit your feed. You put in the name of your blog in the first field, then paste in the URL for your feed in the second field then hit submit. Feeds aren't added automatically, they're queued for approval so your posts won't start showing up right away.
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL_chan wrote:
Kliu wrote:
Just wondering, does Wordpress' BadBehaviour plugin affect the feed in any way?

Interestingly, that plugin blocked my blog from getting on the antenna. It still worked with blogsuki. Once I removed it, my posts started to appear there again.

It's taken some time and testing but I can confirm that BadBehavior sometimes blocks the Antenna from pulling feeds. It doesn't always do it, and there seems to be no pattern (basically it's random, there appears to be no common trigger event). I've checked to make sure we're doing things properly but it doesn't seem to help. The Antenna checks feeds every half hour, and provides a custom User-Agent string (which it wasn't before, but adding it didn't result in Bad Behavior allowing the Antenna through in any case).

So... if you use Bad Behavior and your feed stops updating it's Bad Behavior's fault. You can try whitelisting our User-Agent but someone has tried that and then Bad Behavior locked them out of their own blog! Shocked You'll be able to tell what User-Agent is the Antenna, it's a full one complete with our URL provided so you can tell exactly what it is. Feel free to whitelist our User-Agent but be sure you can get Bad Behavior uninstalled from outside the admin interface first.

It's not just the Antenna though, in researching this I've seen people complaining about Bad Behavior blocking their feeds from Technorati as well. Despite what the author of Bad Behavior claims, it does block things that don't act anything like spambots. Of the things the author suggests as possible reasons for an erronous block none apply to the Antenna, so your guess is as good as mine as to why it does it, especially when people will have been using Bad Behavior for months without it blocking the Antenna then one day it starts doing so.
Ichigo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know how I put my blog on blogsuki? Very Happy
moyism

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ichigo wrote:
Does anyone know how I put my blog on blogsuki? Very Happy
check here
Faust721

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either I did it wrong again or i'm impatient.

Okay, for the site's name, I put "Art's Kingdom"
for the rss or atom feed url I put "http://artskingdom.net/wp-rss2.php"

Did I do it right?
moyism

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That or http://artskingdom.net/?feed=rss2 me thinks.
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Faust721 wrote:
Either I did it wrong again or i'm impatient.

Okay, for the site's name, I put "Art's Kingdom"
for the rss or atom feed url I put "http://artskingdom.net/wp-rss2.php"

Did I do it right?

You did it right, we see it pending but it's a feed that we're having problems with. (We're not seeing a correct modified date.) We're looking into it, we haven't forgotten you or anything. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: