AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index AnimeBlogger.net Forums
Anime/Manga Blogging Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google Analytics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kabitzin
Global Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:54 pm    Post subject: Google Analytics Reply with quote

Hey, anyone else using Google Analytics? It's FINALLY begun processing some stats, even though its still giving that 12 hour notice.

For those who've gotten it to work, any tips for meaningful filters or goals?
moyism
Graphics Virtuoso & IRC Op Team

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to try this out after everyone has been complaining about it, but unfortunately it doesn't like my blogs URLs Crying or Very sad

stupid google!

BTW, there's already a WP plugin for it so you don't have to insert the code yourself.
Problematic
Is a girl darn it!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moyism wrote:
BTW, there's already a WP plugin for it so you don't have to insert the code yourself.

Ok I signed up for "Google analytics" awhile ago, but I haven't had the time to install it (if you ever met me, you would know why..lol). Yea instead of copy and pasting the coding I just decided to dl the plugin instead. However I just did it recently, so does anyone know if it works? Haha I couldn't figure out where to paste the coding because when it comes to all this tech stuff, I have A LOT of difficulties. So if the wordpress plugin doesn't work, can anyone tell me where to paste the coding? Do I paste it in the header template? Arigatou Very Happy
Kabitzin
Global Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it doesn't work, paste it into header.php just under the meta tags but before the end of the head tags.
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not convinced Google Analytics is ready for prime time yet, even on our main site (which consists of the main page, affilliate links page and icons page) it doesn't show me any info on individual URLs, apparently it doesn't like them.

It also shows the forum as having 100% new visitors every day, something I know is wrong, even AwStats manages to report this better!
Problematic
Is a girl darn it!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kabitzin wrote:
If it doesn't work, paste it into header.php just under the meta tags but before the end of the head tags.

Haha no wonder I couldn't understand, mine says header template. I managed to get it to work, but I don't know if its because of the plugin or the coding I pasted in the template. Hmm..

Maestro4k wrote:
I'm not convinced Google Analytics is ready for prime time yet, even on our main site (which consists of the main page, affilliate links page and icons page) it doesn't show me any info on individual URLs, apparently it doesn't like them.

It also shows the forum as having 100% new visitors every day, something I know is wrong, even AwStats manages to report this better!

Oh yea! The google statistic thingy is kinda confusing, but stat programs are always fun to look at. I have like three now, and I am thinking about testing out some more when I have free time. Yea and a lot of people seem to have troubles with GA, but it is new. Maybe they will improve it later on, because there is a high demand for it too.
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problematic wrote:
Oh yea! The google statistic thingy is kinda confusing, but stat programs are always fun to look at. I have like three now, and I am thinking about testing out some more when I have free time. Yea and a lot of people seem to have troubles with GA, but it is new. Maybe they will improve it later on, because there is a high demand for it too.

Oh I'm sure they'll improve it, I'm just really surprised they didn't launch it as a Beta like they do most stuff and improve it gradually. They launched it as a full version, got overwhelmed with the response and it's buggy, completely un-Google-like! Gmail was more stable than GA when it first launched! I just wonder what in the world made them do it differently this time.
bluemist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figured that it doesn't work in the Opera browser at all. The stats won't show up. Kinda a hassle to still need to load up IE for this.

AwStats looks very comprehensive, thanks Maestro for adding that.
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluemist wrote:
Figured that it doesn't work in the Opera browser at all. The stats won't show up. Kinda a hassle to still need to load up IE for this.

I'm sure they'll make it work with other browsers eventually, Gmail was the same way. Smile

bluemist wrote:
AwStats looks very comprehensive, thanks Maestro for adding that.

No problem, I still need to finish up the process of making it create daily stats pages and prior month pages. That's not horribly complicated, just a lot of work to do and the scripting for it will take me quite a while. Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: