AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index AnimeBlogger.net Forums
Anime/Manga Blogging Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Yostubato Azumanga parody flash

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:22 pm    Post subject: The Yostubato Azumanga parody flash Reply with quote

Saw this linked from Tsunami Channel today. It's a parody animation of the Azumanga Daioh OP using Yosubato characters!

I figured General Chat was the best place to stick it since it's not really anime or manga exactly... Smile

Anyway enjoy. Smile
Byakko
IRC Op Team

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's awesome. xD I saw it on www.animenewsnetwork.com =)

There's another Azu site, but i cant seem to find it.... >_>
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the things I find most amusing about Yotsubato is how Ena is the complete polar opposite of Yukarai-sensei in Azumanga Daioh, yet she looks just like her (well a younger version of her). I actually like her character a lot, she's really cute and sweet. Smile (Yukari-sensei's a bit of a jerk, can't say as I cared for her very much.)
Byakko
IRC Op Team

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found it. Very Happy

http://www.jminders.com/funnystuff/Princess-azumanga.swf

Enjoy. xD
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Byakko wrote:
I found it. Very Happy

http://www.jminders.com/funnystuff/Princess-azumanga.swf

Enjoy. xD

Well that was interesting, a lot of nice ASCII art in that too. Very Happy
TokenAsian
Most Likely to Spend Too Much

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*chuckles*

Tsunami Channel always cracks me up.

*Skuld-bombs something since he's in a bad mood*

Oh hey, Azumanga Daioh flash... Haha! Wheee!

*blows something else up*
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TokenAsian wrote:
Tsunami Channel always cracks me up.

The current story line doesn't look like it's going to be very funny, not that that's a bad thing though. I can't think of many webcomics I'd check for over a year waiting desperately for the author to start making new ones. Very Happy

TokenAsian wrote:
*Skuld-bombs something since he's in a bad mood*

Sure sure, you're in a bad mood so you blow things up. Actually that sounds like fun... Wink

I just get to block DNS access to websites. (Well at work at least, I suppose I could do more away from there.) Then again it's a bit fun to do that, especially when the users are downloading stuff that makes my life hard from said sites. Evil or Very Mad (I probably should note they should not be doing this, it's against the rules, but we all know how well that works...)
TokenAsian
Most Likely to Spend Too Much

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, not many webcomics have that sort of undying devotion.

Block access to TRSI and watch the rioting begin.
Byakko
IRC Op Team

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are you able to block access to websites? o_O
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TokenAsian wrote:

I'm still visiting RPG World waiting for them to finish the story but there have been more updates in the past year than Tsunami Channel had. Smile

TokenAsian wrote:

It wouldn't be a big deal here, I could block it but I'm about the only one who'd notice.

Byakko wrote:

There are multiple ways, the state provides our Internet access and they run transparent proxy servers that block many sites. For sites not on the state's block list, and that I can't wait to have added (they'll add any sites we request too) I use a different method. We run our own DNS servers here, so I just configure them to think they're authoritative (that is they're _the_ DNS servers that respond for that domain) for the domains I need to block. I then setup the zone file for each zone to resolve domain.com & www.domain.com to the IP (numerical address, used for routing on the Inernet, names are really just a human convenience) address of our main web server. This has the affect of making our webpage load instead of the site they try to reach. Eventually it will instead load a different site that'll display a warning that they are violating our Acceptable Usage Policy.

Basically since I control DNS, I control what sites resolve correctly and not. This isn't exactly proper DNS server config, but I have it setup to deny transfers so I don't affect anyone except our own sites. Smile
Byakko
IRC Op Team

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maestro4k wrote:
TokenAsian wrote:

I'm still visiting RPG World waiting for them to finish the story but there have been more updates in the past year than Tsunami Channel had. Smile

TokenAsian wrote:

It wouldn't be a big deal here, I could block it but I'm about the only one who'd notice.

Byakko wrote:

There are multiple ways, the state provides our Internet access and they run transparent proxy servers that block many sites. For sites not on the state's block list, and that I can't wait to have added (they'll add any sites we request too) I use a different method. We run our own DNS servers here, so I just configure them to think they're authoritative (that is they're _the_ DNS servers that respond for that domain) for the domains I need to block. I then setup the zone file for each zone to resolve domain.com & www.domain.com to the IP (numerical address, used for routing on the Inernet, names are really just a human convenience) address of our main web server. This has the affect of making our webpage load instead of the site they try to reach. Eventually it will instead load a different site that'll display a warning that they are violating our Acceptable Usage Policy.

Basically since I control DNS, I control what sites resolve correctly and not. This isn't exactly proper DNS server config, but I have it setup to deny transfers so I don't affect anyone except our own sites. Smile

WOW....you have so much power in your hands. o_O
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Byakko wrote:
WOW....you have so much power in your hands. o_O

Not to mention I control the logins/passwords, will be in charge of the new E-mail server, am dually in charge of the website (along with my boss), and will have access to the firewall before long and yes, I have a lot of power, but it comes with the field (systems administration), I'm used to it.

Sysadmins have to be trustworthy not just because of the power they wield but the access they have. Technically I could read everyone's E-mail if I wanted, but I'm trusted not to do that. And before someone asks why sysadmins have that access it's because of the times when they must access user's E-mail/etc. That can be anything from handing over the information because of a search warrant (something I've thankfully never had to deal with), to monitoring the activity on a hacked account. (Something that's far more common, although generally the files in the user's home directory are of more interest.)

The funniest thing I've ever dug up was the time I found a user's process consuming 99% of the file server's system resources. I had to investigate what the process was before killing it as this was at a University and it was conceivable they had mistakenly run a research project on the file server (you're not supposed to, and I would have been justified in killing it anyway, but I remember what it was like as a student and preferred to try and avoid things like that when I could). Turns out it was a Quake server, so it got killed. At that point I had a lot of options, I could have reported this to the department head, or even turned them over to the student disciplinary committee (they broke a lot of rules running that on the file server, in fact running it on any University owned machine was a big no-no). I decided to send a very polite E-mail that left it up in the air whether I knew what the process was or not. I told them that if it was a research project to let me know and I would arrange for a machine for them to run it on that wouldn't cause problems for other users. The reply was hilarious, it said that it was just a "personal project" they were working on and that they didn't realize it was consuming so many resources and that they were finished with the project so they didn't need to run it again. I about fell out of my chair laughing since I knew what the program really was, I don't think they ever found out that I had known though. Wink

Oh yes, and now you know why it's never a good idea to piss off the systems administrator, they can really make your life hell. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: