AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index AnimeBlogger.net Forums
Anime/Manga Blogging Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Blogger makes pictures go *poof*

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Random Otaku

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:04 am    Post subject: Blogger makes pictures go *poof* Reply with quote

Just when I find the time to catch up on my backlog, Blogger stops me. Every time i try to upload screen caps upon finishing the upload Iím redirected to a blank page and not to the "Finished" page where I click the button and the screens appear in the post creation window.
The "Help" section provided...well...no help, and while I do have a backup location for uploads it kind of beats the whole point of "easy to anime blog" system.
Anyone has any idea what seems to be the problem? O_o
Problematic
Is a girl darn it!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I had the same problem with blogger, but I suggest you host your images at imageshack. All you are required to do is copy and paste it into your HTML for that specific post. If you need to make the pic smaller just lower the pic perameters. For example if your current pic's width is "500" you can lower the width, by putting "200" or some other random number. This will make posting a lot easier rather than wait for blogger to finish loading. For me personally it was a painful experience, but I hope this helps. Oh I remember why it returns back to a blank page without any picture, its because you can't upload like 6 pics at a time. I believe you can only upload like 1.
Asakomi
Global Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Photobucket also has free image hosting. They have bandwidth limits, but I've never had a problem with that.

One word about just putting the image dimensions into your html code to re-size an image - the result can be a blurry/pixelated/not pretty looking screencap. I always re-size my images in a photo editing program before I upload them so that their quality is the best they can be.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kabitzin
Global Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ren is right about the resizing with HTML. While this will save you time in coding it will not decrease the file size (it will load just as slowly as the full size version) and it will look bad (resizing in an editing program is definitely the way to go). I think the problem is more related to Blogger being a bit fickle in the upload process.

One note about the img width and height attributes: if you put them in with the correct values, it will hold the space needed for your pictures so your page will look the same before and after the pictures load. This stops the "expanding page" effect.
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kabitzin wrote:
Ren is right about the resizing with HTML. While this will save you time in coding it will not decrease the file size (it will load just as slowly as the full size version) and it will look bad (resizing in an editing program is definitely the way to go). I think the problem is more related to Blogger being a bit fickle in the upload process.

Very true, also since the image isn't smaller in file sizes this can lead to your page loading very slowly for people but their not seeing any obvious reason why. That can make a lot of people get disgusted and just leave (even before the page finishes loading) or not come back. People are a bit more understanding if they see there's actually large pictures loading that cause the slowdown.

Kabitzin wrote:
One note about the img width and height attributes: if you put them in with the correct values, it will hold the space needed for your pictures so your page will look the same before and after the pictures load. This stops the "expanding page" effect.

Maybe not on IE, even with the option enabled for it to do so it seems to ignore it at random. Of course I think most people who do any kind of web design already expect IE to do weird things anyway. Shocked
Kabitzin
Global Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maestro4k wrote:
Maybe not on IE, even with the option enabled for it to do so it seems to ignore it at random. Of course I think most people who do any kind of web design already expect IE to do weird things anyway. Shocked

T__T Well, not much we can do about that...
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kabitzin wrote:
T__T Well, not much we can do about that...

Well I suppose we could send a polite E-mail to Microsoft asking them to fix this in IE7 a few thousand times a day. Wink (It's a joke people, don't think I'm actually encouraging this. ^_^;; )

Honestly I won't be surprised if they don't fix it though. I'm sure they have more than enough other things to fix that are more important (like the 10 zillion security holes). Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: