AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index AnimeBlogger.net Forums
Anime/Manga Blogging Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why you might not see me post much for a while.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: Why you might not see me post much for a while. Reply with quote

I feel a bit silly posting this but since I run the site I think everyone should know exactly why I've suddenly all but dissapeared...

Basically it's a health problem. I have flare-ups from time to time where things get much worse than normal and I'm in the midst of one that started the last week of September. In four weeks I've had three ER visits and four CT scans. All of this affects my entire life, not just the online stuff. I'm having serious trouble getting to work (at times I am unfit to drive and even if someone took me I wouldn't be able to concentrate through the pain and/or pain medicine) as well as even getting out to get groceries/etc.

Because of this it's taking pretty much all of what little energy I have left to handle the absolute necessities. Up until the last few weeks I read every post on the forum, now I just don't have the energy to keep up. I will catch up once my health returns to a more "normal" state (or what passes as normal for me anyway).

So, my presence on the forums (and Matthew's shoutbox) will be fairly minimal until things get better. I am still reachable, if you need to contact me there's a spam protected E-mail link on my blog that you can use. I do check that E-mail account almost daily. Don't let how I'm feeling affect your contacting me. If you need to contact me for any reason, do so. My response just may be a bit slow. Embarassed I'm still handling the requests that trickle in for blog hosting for instance, all site business will be handled. Smile I trust our wonderful mod team to keep the forums policed so there shouldn't be any problems here. Smile

I do want to note I'm not posting this to try to get sympathy or anything. This is something I've been dealing with in one form or another for 14 years. There's nothing more I can do about it medically, it's just something I have to live with and I accepted that a long time ago. I just felt that since it will probably be a few more weeks, minimum, before I can actively participate again that I should explain my sudden absence. After all, I wouldn't want anyone to think I was abandoning the site or anything! Very Happy

So I'll return you to your regularly unscheduled forum banter. I'll be participating again as soon as I can. Until then enjoy yourselves without me. Smile

Last edited by Maestro4k on Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
kurogane
IRC Op Team

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, don't worry, we will Wink. This October already satisfies me musically, not even going to the anime yet Smile.

I'd recently also had the 'privilage' of staying in a hospital for the 1st time in my short life(kidney stones, ouch), and it was killing me by the boredom already. Swore not to repeat that again, although my body is running on a 48-hr cycle, which I'm sure *will* kill me, if i don't readjust.

Well, at the risk of being cliched, I wish you good health and a fast recovery on your condition, kinda sounds serious though ~_~.
TokenAsian
Most Likely to Spend Too Much

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is Maestro? Don't remember anyone with that name... Razz

Good to hear from you. I hope it's not too serious. The forum isn't the same without you. We need you to keep me and moyism in line. He's been corrupting me into a wild spender!

Get well soon, okay? Very Happy
Kabitzin
Global Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang Maestro, hope you get better soon and can in forum discussions. Also, thanks for the heads up, so that we aren't all left wondering if you just disappeared Wink .
Random Otaku

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we all miss you, our virtual landlord. =P
Feel better soon.
Asakomi
Global Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take care of yourself, and get better soon. We look forward to your return. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
moyism
Graphics Virtuoso & IRC Op Team

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone else has already said it, but do take care of yourself Maestro. Cool
Vinn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck and get better man. Cool
Ten
IRC Op Team

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to hear from you again, Maestro. The search party has been halted then. Wink It's strange not to have you around. But seriously, as the others have mentioned, hope you'll feel better soon.
animeronin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose I came in late to say this, but welcome back, Boss! Smile
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

animeronin wrote:
I suppose I came in late to say this, but welcome back, Boss! Smile

Thanks but it's a bit premature. I'm still having health problems, I've just managed to post a bit more the past few days than the week or so before that. I don't really know how much I'll be able to post and such in the coming days/weeks, so don't be surprised if I dissapear again. Sad
Willuknight
IRC Op Team

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i seem to remember the term "kanrin-san" or something like that, from love hina, meaning landlord.

Assuming someone can remember how to spell this, i vote we call Maestro that ;D
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willuknight wrote:
i seem to remember the term "kanrin-san" or something like that, from love hina, meaning landlord.

I think you're thinking of kanrinin (plus whatever honorific you want to attach to it).

Willuknight wrote:
Assuming someone can remember how to spell this, i vote we call Maestro that ;D

Well you can call me that if you'd like, but just plain Maestro works fine as well. Smile

More on-topic to the thread, expect my lower presence to continue for a while, still having health problems, looks like I'll have to have a surgery but I have to wait till around Christmas. Shocked I'm using what little energy I have to mostly keep up with the site work that needs to be done, even trying to keep things moving forward as much as I can. Smile
TokenAsian
Most Likely to Spend Too Much

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, "Maestro" has the connotation of being a master at something... so isn't that a better title?
Willuknight
IRC Op Team

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maestro-Kanrinin-sama

Very Happy

i just found out that apparntly my broken leg from last year hasn't healed properly, and thats why its causing me so much trouble (way to go, you idiot doctors, 1year later follow up) and it looks like i'll have to have another operation as well...

On the upside i found out today that the hospital is within the range of my wireless service provider, so if i do get stuck there for a few days, i can take my laptop and be online Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: