AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index AnimeBlogger.net Forums
Anime/Manga Blogging Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What sites do you order from most?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:53 pm    Post subject: What sites do you order from most? Reply with quote

I've been working on signing up for affiliate accounts for AnimeBlogger.net and realize there's far more of them out there than I probably need to bother with (at least so far).

Right now I've got us signed up with Amazon US (we're not sure what to do about Amazon Japan) and Rightstuf International.

What sites do you buy from most often? Feel free to list more than one, I'm trying to see which sites are most useful to the community and then get affiliate accounts for AnimeBlogger.net.

In case anyone's curious about why we're doing this, we're hoping to get the site self-sustaining eventually and want to try and go this route to do so. I really, really, really want to avoid advertising of any kind, even Google's text ads. I somehow doubt many here will complain about the lack of ads. Wink We'll have the links to products in the Anime Database Matthew's working on be affiliate links, and we'll make links here under Great Deals be affiliate links too. (This has been added to the Forum Rules as well, we want to be transparent about what we're doing.)
TokenAsian
Most Likely to Spend Too Much

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Animeigo, Robotech.com, Amazon... that's about it.
KT Kore

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I order from DVDPacific.com. Prices lower than DeepDiscountDVD (but they charge shipping, so the prices come out about even). Fast shipping, and excellent costumer service. I love 'em, love 'em, love 'em.
moyism
Graphics Virtuoso & IRC Op Team

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdjapan.co.jp and hlj.com owes my wallet... and my soul.
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

moyism wrote:
cdjapan.co.jp and hlj.com owes my wallet... and my soul.

And your 1st, 2nd and 3rd born children? Wink
moyism

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plus a few friends' 1st borns...
Satoshi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And you agree that your life is forfeit in 10 years' time? :p

Hmm..I use CDJapan for imports, or Amazon.co.jp on the occasion that CDJapan ran out of stock of a limited edition of a volume of Air (sorta my fault for leaving it till the last minute).

Locally I use dvdboxoffice.com since it's just outside of town and shipping takes ~1-2 days.

Once I head back to school there's a hobby shop nearby that'll special order whatever I need (as long as it's R1) so I'll pretty much just be using CDJapan at that point for online sales.

I think the affiliate idea is a really good one - at the rate we're going the revenue via just us bloggers would probably be enough to support the site :p

It's also good because that revenue model really aligns with Animeblogger anyway - spreading the word about (good) anime and encouraging others to purchase it. Ads are not usually that relevant to the topic at hand (even if they are restricted to anime-related ones), so I doubt you'd get a high return even if you tried.
Ten
IRC Op Team

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I buy quite a bit from yesasia. I think Yesasia has pretty decent affiliate program. And sometimes I use Sasuga Bookstore for manga purchasing.
TokenAsian
Most Likely to Spend Too Much

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to say Netflix. But that doesn't really count now, does it?
moyism

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can agree with Ten about yesasia. I used to order all my asian-related music and whatnot from them. My mom gets like ALL of her asian (mostly HK) dvds from them. They also give coupons ($5 off kind of stuff) every now and then, which is kind of cool. Customer support, when you rarely actually need it, is very responsive and one of the better ones I've dealt with.

... as testament, there's like probably $4k+ of DVDs in the family room equaling to about 4-5 yrs of using yesasia? So yea, that owns my mom's soul... LOL
Ten
IRC Op Team

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Netflix has also a good affiliate program. I know a couple of my friends who use Netflix for their anime needs instead of purchasing the DVDs. With the cheap subscription cost and reliable service, I think it would be a good source to try out anime. And no, I don't work this company. ^^;;

>>moy: Yeah, I love those $5 off coupons and also the free shipping. I never had any problem with them so far.
Kabitzin
Global Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, now we know where Moyism gets it from...
Maestro4k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some answers and comments:

Satoshi: I agree, I think this model will fit the site incredibly well and be very non-obtrusive as well. And I think you're right about just the bloggers buying through our affiliate links managing to support the site. Smile

YesAsia sounds like a definite one to sign up for, I'm already looking at the terms for the program and it's simple enough. I may have to wait until I get some content on the main site page though. They can pay by Paypal which is handy.

Netflix: Well it's simple enough but not as useful since it's a one time payment per new subscriber. I'll sign up for it at some point though.

Amazon.co.jp: Is problematic (to say the least) for those outside of Japan. Hopefully we can figure something out eventually. Smile

Hlj.com, CDJapan, DVDPacific.com & Animeigo don't have affiliate accounts that I can find. Sad

Thanks for the ideas, keep them coming please! Smile
newt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say GPStore, but they're based in New Zealand & Australia and probably not used by too many people. Except me Smile
DiGiKerot

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maestro4k wrote:
YesAsia sounds like a definite one to sign up for, I'm already looking at the terms for the program and it's simple enough. I may have to wait until I get some content on the main site page though. They can pay by Paypal which is handy.

I use Yesasia a whole lot as well, so thats definately a good one to sign for.

Maestro4k wrote:

Amazon.co.jp: Is problematic (to say the least) for those outside of Japan. Hopefully we can figure something out eventually. Smile

Hlj.com, CDJapan, DVDPacific.com & Animeigo don't have affiliate accounts that I can find. Sad

That sums up the other retailers I use on anything approaching a regular basis.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AnimeBlogger.net Forums Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: